Search results

1. RustyRedneck

Anything Goes - Rusty Redneck's Polamaha Go-kart

A friend of mine came over and saw the thing in progress, now at my place and said that this will be the equivalent to "You're going to poke your eye with that thing" That we all heard as a kid. I guess that means I'm wearing a helmet when I get that far.
  2. RustyRedneck

That's kind of what the plan is at this point. I removed the old shock tower and will be mounting the shocks directly to the frame side bars. Lots of pipe notching to do to get this thing closer. It'll have to rows or horizontal bars on each side. Kind of like a dune buggy or production...
  3. RustyRedneck

Sorry I haven't make an updates lately on the cart. I need to get back to work on it. My boss asked me to get out of the shop and it's better at home anyway. I can set it on blocks and leave it where I can work on it without moving it constantly. At the moment, it's sitting in the trailer...
  4. RustyRedneck

More than 2 Wheels Anything Goes mini one's Alsport ???

Looks like an awesome build! Wish I could see it in person. Should rip when you get it done!
  5. RustyRedneck

Wardog's Balloon Tire Scratch Build - Anything Goes

I'm jealous of the tires. I might have to figure out a build to do with similar ones.
  6. RustyRedneck

Thanks Freddy! I plan on scaring myself with it. But, I also plan on being relatively safe. As far ahead of the rear axle everything is going to be, it should be really tail happy.
  7. RustyRedneck

I stayed late last night and got the lower frame mostly done. I made it a bit shorter than I had planned. Trying to get it done quickly I cut the front frame rails that I had already welded to the front suspension too short. I did sit in it and I can fit. It's a little tight but once I add 7...
  8. RustyRedneck

Here it's mocked up with the front suspension in place. Not a lot of room between the seat and the front shock tower. I think this is when I decided to cut out the bars connecting the shock tower to the lower part of the frame. The reason for that is to stick my feet between the shocks under...
  9. RustyRedneck

Here, I have the seat setting on the frame just loosely to give me an idea of how much room I'll have when driving this machine.
  10. RustyRedneck

Got the front motor mounts done and I got the engine moved back about an inch and half. Welded in the motor mounts and now it's solid. I haven't updated in a while s here come a few more pictures in sequence of my progress thus far.
  11. RustyRedneck

I've been working on the motor mounts for the last couple days on break and I think I've got the rear ones about squared away but I think I can move the engine back a couple more inches. So to make sure, I'll build my front motor mounts and not weld them in just yet. Hopefully I can get a...
  12. RustyRedneck

Morethan2 wheels/anythinggoes t555blazer Alsport RTS 290

Gonna be awesome when it's done. Race ya when I get my build done. :scooter:
  13. RustyRedneck

Did some more work on the frame today. I finished welding in the upper shock mount and added pieces of pipe to front of the old 4 wheeler frame. I think I'm going to weld in taller lower shock mount ears to give it more clearance. I also think I'm going to mount a jack shaft on the swing arm...
  14. RustyRedneck

Song Title Game

Big Gun -ACDC
  15. RustyRedneck

Anything Goes - Jack's Ratrod Tru-Test Trike

Gonna be a sweet little cruiser when it's done. Can't wait to see the progress.
  16. RustyRedneck

I moved the shock mount on the rear end, rearward today at break. This should free up a little more room for the engine. I'm still hoping I can make this work with the pivot, forward of the swing arm. I don't think it'd work very well towards the rear. The more I look at it, the more...
  17. RustyRedneck

Ok. I brought the engine today and started trying to figure out how to mount it close to the rear axle to save space. I think this whole thing is going to be tight at 8 feet long nose to tail. But if I can make it shorter and still drive it, I will. Anyway, I'm running into problems with...
  18. RustyRedneck

Hey guys, here's my entry for the build-off this year. Not a mini-bike by any means but I think it fits in the anything goes class. I'm realizing a dream a friend of mine used to have and eventually sold to me. He and his brother were going to build a go-kart using the front end, rear end...
  19. RustyRedneck

There's going to be one happy little Grandson Christmas morning

My first mini bike was a Christmas present. It was one my Dad and his brothers had when they were kids. Had a different engine on it when I got it. We went outside and I took it for a ride around the silos and it threw the chain in about 200 feet. It was still a lot of fun. I rode the hell...