Search results

1. L

CT200U - Increase Top Speed? 60 Tooth Rear Sprocket?

I live in the Antelope Valley CA (High Desert) and run my CT200U and TAV and it runs great in the desert. Stg 1 and TAV get me 38-40mph. I left rear sprocket stock and dropped to an 8 tooth up front and it is a beast. Torque for days and still approaching 40mph.
  2. L

Bolt on TAV

I have this kit and its a nice set up. Fit is good and even worked on the non-hemi 212 (im in CA) using the stock coleman gas tank. Got it for a short lived deep discount on their ebay store compared to the OldMiniBikes website.
  3. L

Popping/backfire on deceleration?

Thanks theruppman. This is what I figured was happening and will drop from a 37 to a 35 jet and go from there. I did not upgrade the emulsion tube so I am running stock. Do you think I would worsen the issue of runnin rich by adding the emulsion or would this help? My intent was to add the...
  4. L

Trinik-I'm running the OldMiniBikes wiener pipe and muffler. Raskin- I did not replace the emulsion tube but perhaps I should have. I thought the upgraded emulsion would have more holes but apparently not? Dead Pixel-I was thinking the same thing. I guess I should be replacing the 37 in there now with...
  5. L

I run it with the muffler and agree on the sound. I will also double check for an air leak but fairly confident ( hopeful ) that isnt the issue since its brand new. It sounds like a may need to experiment with the jets as well.
  6. L

Hmm. The exhaust is brand new and I do not notice any cracks or leaks. Assuming I do not have a leak, wouldnt running to lean or rich create this problem as well?
  7. L

Hello All- I have a Coleman ct200u with the stock 6.5 honda clone. I just added a filter/intake, weiner pipe/muffler from OldMiniBikes and rejetted the carb with a 36 or 37. I bought both and not sure which one I put in. Anyhow, it runs great but it is popping or backfiring on deceleration. I know...
  8. L

Coleman CT200U Accessories?

Predator on sale this weekend- Fri-Sun
  9. L

Here is a link to the TAV. I have not performed the TAV install as there are some mods that are needed to the chain guard and cross bar as well as either raising the motor 1" to 1 1/4' (hence the precut/drilled steel tubing in a 1" size) or some I believe have cut the TAV's backplate. The bolts...
  10. L

How about a CT200U TAV install kit specifically for the Chinese TAV that is so popular. Since we know the engine needs raising to accommodate the TC, how about a kit that includes pre-drilled/cut square tubing ( painted red? ), proper bolts, washers and maybe install steps with pics. Slap it in...
  11. L

Not happy with Walmart right now!!!

Walmart is a pain but that is a good deal for a lot of mini bike.
  12. L

Fast Coleman part 2

Yup.. lube the clutch bearing.
  13. L

Coleman CT200U popularity just went way up?

I agree. This thing is really starting to pick up in popularity. I've had mine for 2 weeks and have been impressed by the torque and power the motor produces. Its a perfect combination of mini/trail bike that suits adults better than most mini's because of its size.Really a fun bike.
  14. L

coleman ct200u torque converter install

Wait I thought the CT200U shaft is 3/4? Its 5/8?
  15. L

Coleman Clutch Issue

I have had good luck with this clutch. It seems though you would have to modify or remove the bar that the chain guard mounts to on the Coleman in order to install the Comet 30 setup, but in the end the Torque Convertor is really nice and very smooth. Go kart parts Centrifugal Clutch 10T 3/4"...
  16. L

Coleman Clutch Issue

All the responses of Torque Converter are right, but I read some good things about the Max Torque 457 Clutch. Read that it is much better quality and doesnt sound as rattley ( is that a word? ) as the OEM. I might pick one up to try. Its $38 on Amazon.
  17. L

Coleman CT200 rear sprocket

Aaaand disregard. I see the pic now. Just a little slow in my old age.
  18. L

Coleman CT200 rear sprocket

Is this torque converter a bolt on mod or does it require frame notching or cutting? You also mentioned it was geared to high with the stock sprocket. Do you mean it didnt have the low end torque you were looking for? I have a ct200 on the way and want to ensure it will pull my 220lb butt...