Search results

1. DeadPixel

HS40 Tecumseh springs #31672 in a clone?

I don't remember how I stumbled on it but found an old post recommending the HS40 tecumseh valve springs part #31672. Any one use these in there clone and are they a direct drop in. I like to frankenstein my motors. Are there any other factory springs that work besides the GX140 for higher RPM...
  2. DeadPixel

Got a second coleman CT200u...

Wife's going to be pretty mad but I got a second mini today on Amazon for a little over $400 out the door. I used code 20irwindale and signed up for there credit card lol. My last one I got at sportsmans and it was just under $600 out the door. This one's for her but she is still going to be...
  3. DeadPixel

Anyone building Honda 120 motors?

I seen that NR had performance part for them. I ordered a cam that was on sale and am going to start gathering parts for a build. Going to get a bullet rod and flywheel. What all can I use from the GX200/Clone parts?
  4. DeadPixel

New head.

So got my new parts from ACR. The crank is a crank, not worth posting a picture of. Its a nice piece but looks like every thing else. Its 55mm with a clone rod journal and taper. The block I will post a picture of later. The head though I am very happy with. It was $14 and is a JT style head. It...
  5. DeadPixel

New project?

Got this for free the other day from my coworker. Still need to get the plastics and a few parts from him. Don't know if it runs or not yet. Going to be a spring project. Its a 1997 Suzuki 600 SRAD. He got it on a trade from some one that took it apart and could not figure out how to get it...
  6. DeadPixel

The start of a new build...

Decide to start a build thread of what I am doing. Will start with the head work, followed by the motor it is going on. Not sure of its going on the 208 or the 212 clone yet. No these are not predator motors either. Both getting clone rods, cams and flywheels. So I have posted this or...
  7. DeadPixel

Die for tube bender?

Bought a JD2 model 32 manual tube bender the other day but have not got any dies yet. What size and radius do you guys recommend? I was thinking of starting with a 1" die with a 4.5" radius for my first die. There not cheep so cant get more than one die at a time. Was thinking a 1" on the 4.5...
  8. DeadPixel

Machine shops?

I don't like my local machine shop but have a few heads that need valve jobs. What are your guys suggestions on machine shops that specialize in kart motors? I tried contacting NR racing but they no longer do it.
  9. DeadPixel

You guys see the new ACR parts for predator/clone?

You guys see the new parts ACR released yesterday? Just ordered a 212 block that takes the 196 clone cam, a 55mm crank that uses the clone rod and flywheel and a JT style head that uses 27/25 valves and predator gen 2 valves to go with it. The head is a non hemi so uses the normal 196 valve...
  10. DeadPixel

Bad luck on parts lately :(

Not having great luck with parts lately. Was suppose to get a machined bare block with a 70mm bore and I got this scratched dinged up block. The head was pulled from a new BSP. Going to machine head so not so much a problem but that block is beat up. Actually you guys are going to hate me for...
  11. DeadPixel

Ducar 212 I almost want one.

Any one see the new Ducar 212 replacement piston on the DynoCams web page? It looks like it is clearanced for the intake valve. If this is true and only $9 it might be a great budget upgrade for some people. It's a dished piston which is a little surprising. We might have a new part for out...
  12. DeadPixel

84 Honda ATC 200 carb for 196 clone?

Has any one tried using a carb from a 3 or 4 wheeler? My brother has a few ATC200 motors and noticed the carbs are mikuni's. I know these motors make around 9-10 HP so thought it should be around the right size for our motors. The carbs are cheep at around $20-$30 and I might be able to pick a...
  13. DeadPixel

Today's findings...

I put the tach on my motor today. I was hitting almost 28MPH with a modified throttle return spring. Don't remember how many coils I cut out. 3 or 4 I think. With motor out of bike I am hitting 5060 RPMs. My conclusion is don't modify the return spring. I was able to adjust the governor speed by...
  14. DeadPixel

Today's adventure.

So I wanted to do motor work yesterday or today but ran out of time. Bike lives a little ways away so cant work on it but 2 times a month if lucky. So here is how today's adventure went. I had the bolt back out of my Coleman CT200U clutch today. It did not come off as I seen it had moved before...
  15. DeadPixel

UT2 head compared to my box stock.

So I bought this UT2 head and was pretty excited about it. It has a 18cc chamber so it raises compression on my 196 and it has a 26mm intake valve. Last night I found it had a 23mm exhaust not a 24mm as well. I thought O great as the GX200 and clones have disproportionate sized valves anyways...
  16. DeadPixel

More lift from stock rockers?

Can any one send me a link to a wright up on modifying the stock rocker arms for more lift. I searched quiet a bit last night and did not find anything. I know the kart racers do this some times to stay in spec. I already have a set of champions for my race motor and am going to be getting a set...
  17. DeadPixel

My first mod.

Decided to try some cheep mods on the old motor before I swap in the built motor. I am still in need of parts for the new motor anyways. My first budget mod is a Brigs&Stratton big block air filter swap. I still need to get a real performance air filter and adapter and thought I would try this...
  18. DeadPixel

UT2 exhaust valve stem seal?

Tried to transfer the valve seals from my BSP head over to my UT2 head and the exhaust valve stem seal dose not fit. It is not machined for it either. Do I not run one on the UT2 head?
  19. DeadPixel

Carb suggestions?

What size carb do you guys recommend? I might order a carb on Monday for my build. Big bore 208cc clone, CL1 high torque cam, stock ratio rocker, 18cc head with 26mm intake vavle, will have about 9.0+ compression, GXV 160 flywheel with probably a +4* key and a billet rod. Its only a 5,500 RPM+...
  20. DeadPixel

Using a lash cap in intake?

When I use a lash cap in intake valve do I need to use the exhaust retainer too?