Search results

1. electrathon

Briggs 60102-0267-01 help with kill switch

See that wire? It is about 18 gauge. Size is not critical but no reason to try to fit anything bigger into the tiny space. If you have no spark it is you either have a failed condenser or out of adjustment points. Proper gap is critical. A second wire, brought to ground with a momentary...
  2. electrathon

Paint or Powder Coat

From a quality and durability perspective, powder coating wins every time. Far more durable and long lasting than paint. Of course, there are crappy powder coaters out there, but there are even more crappy painters. If you want it to last, use powder.
  3. electrathon

**HELP** Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp, fires but won’t start

When the piston drops and the air rushes into the engine the Vacuum created sucks, pulling fuel through the jet, drawing in fuel and air to the engine. It works just like putting a siphon hose into a bucket of water and blowing air sideways across the end of the hose, starting the siphon.
  4. electrathon

Suction/vacuum You are correct, if that diaphragm is being sold for the carb listed in the original posting. I do not believe anyone has said that no Briggs engines use diaphragms, just that the one in question doesn't.
  5. electrathon

West Branch High School: Attex 300 Build!

Sending honor to you for stepping up and helping them. Sometimes good kids need a hand.
  6. electrathon

Anyone have this problem?

It sounds like you have possibly, maybe my mistake blocked an individual. I did it once and it took me a while to figure out what was happening. The purpose of this feature is so that if a person is acting like a rectum and annoying you that you can make them disappear to you.
  7. electrathon

I have to agree. Every single nut and bolt on every engine, every frame, washing machine, dishwasher park bench and etc. has an exact torque spec. Few people do that, and even fewer have their torque wrenches calibrated. It would amaze you to see how far many of them are off, even when new.
  8. electrathon

Funny, I read [art of the first post and thought, "broken flywheel key". To tighten the starter clutch without the tool use a big pipe wrench. Be careful not to break the fins on the flywheel. I have never seen one too tight, too loose was common. If left too loose it will break the flywheel...
  9. electrathon

Hydraulic brake question

The brake is not going to be affected no matter how it is mounted. The ability to bleed air out of the brake will be greatly affected. The bleeder should always be on the top so the air will "rise" as the brake fluid fills the cavity. As a side: Those brakes are a lot easier to bleed...
  10. electrathon

It's Electric, But It Doesn't Boogie Woogie!!

I like what you did except: Turn the worm drive part of the hose clamp around to the six o'clock position. It will look better and when you crash it will not slice open your scrotal sack and let your testicles fall out. That would hurt.
  11. electrathon

NOS... is anybody sprayin'?

I hope you get and post pics of the first time you hit the button! I suspect your butt will quickly be planted on the ground. As to WOW factor, I would inject propane into the exhaust. You can shoot flames a couple feet out the rear as you are riding.
  12. electrathon

Cat Eliminator, a grandsons project

Kids that work and are willing to work/learn grow to be productive members of our society. Congratulations for being part of his journey. He will remember it for life.
  13. electrathon

Old Tecumseh engine oil, Synthetic or regular?

Yes, the alcohol dries out all the rubber, corrodes the aluminum.
  14. electrathon

Old Tecumseh engine oil, Synthetic or regular?

I run a fleet department for a small town. We were having constant and ongoing issues with small engine equipment, a mix of brand new to very old stuff. About 5 years ago as a test I switched from buying regular gas with 10% alcohol to clear gas (no alcohol). I was not sure if it would help...
  15. electrathon

Is my flywheel trashed?

Leave it long enough to verify the engine is a runner. Then replace it.
  16. electrathon

RIP Dill

Dogs are great at giving unconditional love. It is something we can all learn from.
  17. electrathon

Montgomery Ward Finished!

Looks very good!
  18. electrathon

Briggs 60102-0267-01 help with kill switch

On the top of the condenser there is a small hole. There is a wire coming from the coil that is held by a spring to the hole. A wire can be added there and when grounded will kill the points, stalling the engine. This is for a Briggs, Tecumseh is slightly differant.
  19. electrathon

Will extending my exhaust on a 3hp give my engine more power?

Use 3/4" threaded iron pipe to build your "pipe" to the location you want it to go. Thread on a 3/4" x 1" adaptor and then use a 1" muffler. It will have some muffling, it will be some louder. You will think it is very cool and very fast, but the neighbors will not soap up the street so you...