Search results

1. electrathon

tow vehicle mini

Not totally sure what I will do this year. I took a picture of my box of spare parts. The plan is to build a Mini capable of towing.
  2. electrathon

Screaming Eagle minibikes 2019/20

Last night we started the new bike build season. We have 25 students involved at this point. As a group cut up a lot of tubing and started bending frames. This will be the biggest build year yet. Spent three hours at the high school, the students stayed on focus and special thanks for the...
  3. electrathon

International handmade old school mini

Here is my starting point. Metal 1" tubing (from China) to make the frame. Wheels and tires (from China) and a Chinese predator engine. I have a few parts on the way, such as throttle, torque converter, sprockets, etc. As best I can tell, almost every part will be sourced out of China...
  4. electrathon

This years high school build

We have 22 kids building mini-bikes this year in the metal shop. An after school club, every kid rides away on a mini-bike if he (or she, 2 girls this year) tries. Pic is the prototype that I build to stay a few steps in front of the kids. We are ahead of schedule this year, most of the...
  5. electrathon

Article about our Mini Bike club

Revving Up Interest in Metal Trades | Skilled Magazine This article just came out about the high school group I work with. We have 20 kids involved with the club this year.
  6. electrathon

high school mini bike build

Here is a picture of 9 of the 12 mini bikes we built this year at the high school. Frame up build, old school mini bikes.
  7. electrathon

Bunch of tools from long way back

Being here got me digging through tools I have from way back. My Dad and I used to have a shop in our garage 30 years ago. I know there are more, just buried in the clutter someplace. There is even a press jig for straightening cranks buried somewhere.
  8. electrathon

electrathon's - Centennial #1 - (18 and Under Class)

This bike belongs to the tall kid with the curly haired kid. Many of the kids at work.
  9. electrathon

electrathon's - Bike No.1 - (18 and Under Class)

I know I am late into this. I have a group of shop kids at Centenial high in Portland Oregon. We we making frame up mini bike builds. I am leading the group with a design and prototype. We started at the beginning of the year, previous to that there were meetings and some layout work. We went...
  10. electrathon

3 hp gear reduction Briggs

Forgot I had this little engine sitting in the shop. Kind of cool with the gear reduction.
  11. electrathon

Electric mini bike

Hand made electric mini bike.