Search results

1. P

Just a general question about clutch band brakes....

I added a clutch brake to my doodlebug and kept the drum brake. I moved the drum brake lever to the right side where the throttle grip is and put the clutch brake on the left. Clutch brakes works very well in my experience if you set them up right. They do have the "CHAIN OFF AND NO BRAKES"...
  2. P

What kind off frame is this

I would like to know. Here is one I own and I don't know what it is
  3. P

Bolt on Bobber Seat DBII

Being an older mini bike rider (61) I felt the need for a little more comfort when riding the beast HEMI DBII. All it took was a cheap ebay springer seat. I just drilled two holes and made use of a porch swing spring I had around along with some washers and 5/16 bolts. Works !
  4. P

Moved to Kart forum: New pics help identify Vintage Kart. ..

does this look similar ? see rear bearing holders.
  5. P

doodlebug II seat is to short

Hi guys: Has anyone figured out a way to move seat back ? Got the predator on mine and know I mostly sitting on the area behind the seat. I am 6" tall. How about adding an extra 6" or so seat cushion behind the OEM seat ? thanks for any ideas.
  6. P

looking for some slick tires for my kids go kart

try mfg go karts. Cheng Lin Slicks $17.99 each $6.99 flat rate shipping. Nice tire
  7. P

knobby tires for doodle bug

Hi guys: New guy to mini bikes. Found a cheap d30 and bought it... I want to replace tires without wheel change and I want it to be "short" and old school looking and suitable for off road running. I will rig 212 cc on this thing. What tire size and brand do you guys think...
  8. P

rear tire to fit doodle bug/ can anybody recommend SHORT tire to fit OEM rim ?

I bought first mini bike. to bad it is chinese but whatever. I will take fenders and put lower profile old school tires. What can you guys and gals recommend ? THANK YOU
  9. P

New guy bought a doodle bug can i put old school small rims and tires on it ?

Hi guys: Bought a stock doodle bug off craigslist today for $180 I already have a brand new HF hemi 212cc. I also have four old azusa tri-star rims 4.10/3.50-5. I also have 1" expanders for these rims. Will these work ? What do I need to do to retrofit them to the doodle bug ? I...
  10. P

New guy ready to buy mini bike kit

thanks guys for the info. things get snatched up quick here in suburban Washington DC /Baltimore
  11. P

New guy ready to buy mini bike kit

Hi guys: I just got in to go karts now I want to build an old school mini bike from both old and new parts. I have engine and wheels and other parts already. Need to choose frame. What do you suggest ? I like El lobo more than a Azusa. I know the site is about old mini's but old...
  12. P

please help 60 you old 12 year old with kart i.d.

thank you. Yes a mini bike is in my future.
  13. P

Kart ID

Looks like it is fast as heck and alot of fund. Looks like a modified manco ?
  14. P

here are a few more pictures here are some more before and after pics.
  15. P

thank you very much. I am very happy with this project. I would rather play around with go karts and an expensive vintage muscle car.
  16. P

Hi guys: always wanted a go kart since the 1960's. Started looking for a project and found an $100 basket case in November 2016. It came with a tecumseh 3hp with a dip stick and 4 azusa tri-star rims. I put it together but it to some doing to rig up the brakes and throttle. Do you think...