Search results

1. O

Scratch built "Drag Bike"

I've been bitten by the "bug" it seems. After building up a frame (poorly) modified by someone else, and getting some more speed out of it, I've decided to build my own frame before I try to go any faster. Originally I was planning to stay with my warmed over 212, then I entertained...
  2. O

Bikes on the Bricks - Flint, MI 9/7

Looks like they will have 100' mini drags...Anyone going? https://bikesonthebricks.com/visitors-guide/schedule/
  3. O

Black Mamba Jr. vs Sr.

Has anyone done a comparison between the two? will I notice much difference? I have a mild Hemi build, and went with the Jr, but thinking the Sr might have a little more up top, and a little less torque to make riding more manageable. Stock rockers on the hemi, and don't have the P to V...
  4. O

Vegas Cart 460cc

Anyone use one of the builder kits? I am putting together plans to build a proper drag-type frame. The original plan was to build thr frame around my mild Predator Hemi that I built last year, but I feel I might need to go faster, and instead of building a more serious smallblock, I was...
  5. O

Predator misfire at 5200RPM

Issue seemingly solved! it's been a while since I've messed with slide carbs, and didn't think the needle position would be that sensitive, but I think it was basically flooding it over 1/2 throttle I rigged up the stock carb and it ran fine, so I swapped the OKO back on and went full lean on...
  6. O

Hacking a Hemi

I told myself that I was going to leave the engine stock, because the point of a $99 engine is it is cheap... Well that didn't last long. A trip to the dragstrip on "Minibike Night" has given me the itch. One of the locals just went 7.9x in the 1/8 with a "smallblock", I cannot afford to...
  7. O

New lifters with cam swap?

Hi all, I am more familiar with automotive engines than this lawnmower stuff... With any FT cam, it is general practice that you don't re-use lifters with a new cam. I have not read about anyone replacing lifters with a cam... I am not concerned about the $5 for new lifters, if it is a...
  8. O

TAV2 clone issue

So I've had my bike together for a couple weeks, maybe has an hour on it, tops. 212 predator backed with a knock off TAV2 from OldMiniBikes. 12/54 gearing on a stretched DB30, 15x6-6 rear tire. When I first got it together, the TAV would drag at idle and rotate the back tire slightly. Pulleys are...
  9. O

What was it?

Has had a stretch and live axle added. If i had to guess, I would say Lil Indian (450???) based on the single spring on the steering stem and shape of what is left of the frame. Thanks! Dave
  10. O

Basket case DB revival

Hi All, New here, wasn't sure if this should go in the Baja or Build forum...so here it is. I started off looking for a clean vintage roller to fix up, but decided that for my first foray into the Mini Bike scene, I might use something that had a little less initial value. Enter a stretched...
  11. O

Newbie from MI

Hi everyone, new guy hear from Detroit metro area. Been lurking for a couple weeks, figured I'd post. Never messed with mini bikes before, but the local scene has motivated me to build something. I normally stick to full size bikes and old cars. I picked up a cheap DB30 that I won't mind...
  12. O

WTB: DB30 rear wheel

Hi all, I picked up a rough stretched DB30 basket case as my first mini bike project. It is only a frame. Looking for a disk brake rear wheel assembly before I just go ahead and convert it to 1" live axle. Thanks!