1. Baja_brandon96

The wisdom of Popular Mechanics

Truth....
  2. Baja_brandon96

New rides entry: 1977 Heald Hauler

Love it, so cool!!
  3. Baja_brandon96

When does chain size become a factor?

4hp? You're definitely okay with #35. Ive been using #35 on my modded 212 predator doodlebug, if i had to guess makes about 8hp. Ive done countless launches, burnouts, and hill climbs and the chain is still fine. Will probably change it soon though anyway.
  4. Baja_brandon96

Broken crankshaft

Short answer, no. Long answer, Noooooooooooooooo
  5. Baja_brandon96

When does chain size become a factor?

#35 is plenty strong if you get quality chain, unless your making obscene horsepower. That said, ive been buying Donghua chain in 10ft lengths on ebay and amazon for all my motorised toys, works great and doesnt really stretch. Great price too.
  6. Baja_brandon96

Motor oil

Ive been using Royal Purple 10w30, somehow i got it for $2 a quart at my local Advance auto. Cleared em out! Good oil so far. The only gripe i have about royal purple is that you can't tell when its dirty....:)
  7. Baja_brandon96

FS: RLV 1-5/16th muffler with clamp

I have an rlv 1-5/16 Muffler with an aluminium clamp for sale. The muffler has maybe an hour of actuall use on it. There's a little bit of surface rust but it would come off with some fine steel wool. I'd like to get $25 plus shipping for both the clamp and the muffler.
  8. Baja_brandon96

Oops, I did it again...Brought home another DB30S (New Project)

"Stay tuned".....see what ya did there. :)
  9. Baja_brandon96

1986 Yamaha BW80

I just did this to a PW80 for a guy! Looks to be the Pw80's bigger, beefier brother :)
  10. Baja_brandon96

MIND THE CHAIN! Warning graphic pics

Talk about a "thumbnail"! :D Similar thing happened to me while I was cleaning my moped chain a few weeks ago. I was pedaling it by hand running a towel over the chain to clean debris, it's snagged and pulled my thumb into the rear sprocket. Thankfully I wasn't pedaling it very fast it just...
  11. Baja_brandon96

New Motovox MBX10 build...

*punk-out fee
  12. Baja_brandon96

Be sure to have that punk-put fee ready
  13. Baja_brandon96

Efenel mini bikes

hows the suspension on them?
  14. Baja_brandon96

Dash Cams

I forced my parents to get a dashcam after all the stuff i've seen on my moped. We got this one, its front facing only though. Its easy to use and seems like a pretty good bang for the buck in the time we've had it...
  15. Baja_brandon96

Cops and minis

i was riding outside campgrounds in East Stroudsburg PA.....came around a beautiful turn doin' 35, wind on my face, fresh country air......then i met a white impala with black rims and silver caps in the center, a few antennae, and a searchlight going the other way . I'm like "oh f***" So i...
  16. Baja_brandon96

Yeah not sure if you meant it, but that was quite an inappropriate thing to say steve_shrett.
  17. Baja_brandon96

PW80 VS Chinese forks for DB30?

Good tips! I'll try that before i commit to welding them on.
  18. Baja_brandon96

How is the clamp able to compress the steel tube? Or is the whole shock just held on by friction?
  19. Baja_brandon96

Can you elaborate and show some pics of the "seat post clamp" arrangement?