Search results

1. H

Engine mounted on rear swing arm?

I found a pic on Pinterest of a custom-fab'ed minibike with the 6.5 Predator mounted on a long swing arm. Besides eliminating chain to frame clearance issues what would be the pros and cons of the set up? Would engine torque cause the frame to flex at the hinge point when hitting the throttle...
  2. H

Alsport TS-130 (?) frame, tires, fiberglass body for sale or trade in North Atlanta, GA area. in

Toledo Ohio? Man-yeah I'd be happy to meet ya but that drive would be a bit much!!
  3. H

Want to build a rock-climbing Phatty

Thanks for that pic. It looks like I won't need the jackshaft after crunching the numbers on a couple of the online ratio calculator s and info from you guys. Thanks all
  4. H

Hey y'all newbie from Atl with plenty of questions

Howdy from northeast ATL in Gwinnett. Maybe meet-up and ride sometime once I get my project going. Do you ride on your own property or go somewhere else?
  5. H

FYI- I put an Alsport frame for sale in the classifieds.

Just a heads up here since I think most people don't go there. https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/alsport-ts-130-frame-tires-fiberglass-body-for-sale-or-trade-in-north-atlanta-ga-area-in.164427/
  6. H

Thanks for the info on that. Sounds like the 7" will be the way to go. That 72t sprocket looks "yuuuuge"!!
  7. H

Alsport TS-130 (?) frame, tires, fiberglass body for sale or trade in North Atlanta, GA area. in

Got too many projects. Alsport frame looks like it was extended either as a "wheelie bar" or for a larger engine. Whoever did it did a good job of welding and fabricating. Frame has surface rust but nothing deeper than that. The fiberglass shell is as you see it. You can fix it or use it as a...
  8. H

So you're saying 7" Comet 30 with a Bando belt and a 7 tooth gear to a 40 tooth sprocket and I'd be good? I have 6" clone Comet 30 with a Comet brand belt right now. I was thinking of a 9 tooth gear driving an 84 tooth sprocket. It's 8-1/2" diameter would give me about 6-7" clearance from the...
  9. H

I found an app that factors in the Comet 30 torque converter with an option for with or without a jackshaft. The guy who made the app did a heck of a job. Since it's made for a go cart do you think the numbers will be off for a two wheeled minibike? Or is the weight difference the only real...
  10. H

I'm looking high and low for a rolling three wheeler frame near me in Atlanta. I'd like to chop one up into a minibike. If I can't find one by the time I'm ready to build I'm going to get a three wheeler front fork assy off of eBay and go from there. I have a Baja frame that I think I will use...
  11. H

I have the urge to build a fat-tire mini-bike for climbing the very hilly woods around my house. Want to use a 6.5 Predator (of course) . Must need to be VERY torqy-not worried about speed. Something capable of 20-25 MPH will suffice. Probably will need a Comet 30 and jackshaft arrangement? What...
  12. H

In northwest Atlanta, Ga-looks like a good price

Looks like it's gone. Sorry about that.
  13. H

In northwest Atlanta, Ga-looks like a good price

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1056268407879757 Compared to similiar trikes that I've seen around the 'net this looks like a pretty good deal for $450? Too bad I'm already too far on my own build to turn around and maybe get this. I have too many projects as it is. This looks...
  14. H

Any danger in using lawn turf tires on my trike build?

I want to use 20x10x8 lawn turf tires and rims from a tractor on my trike build. Tires are 2-ply. Any danger in using these tires? I don't anticipate going faster than 20 mph. Will be used mostly for trail and pasture ridng. I know there are alo 4-ply turf tires-maybe that would be a better...
  15. H

Anybody tell who's fat tire mini-bike this is?

Found it.....I think it's a guy named T-man's on youtube. Found a series of video's on how he built it.
  16. H

So what's the largest tires practical with a 30 Series comet and 6.5 Predator?

I'm in the beginning stages of planning my next project and I think I wnat to build something with high ground clearance, large tires from 22-25" in diameter, a 6.5 Predator and a Series 30 Comet torque converter. Looking at some of the gear ratio calculators out there I know 18" seems to be the...
  17. H

Anybody tell who's fat tire mini-bike this is?

I like the simple angular lines and it kinda has a steam punk look to it. Anybody knows who built this? Sorry for not posting the pic but I cannt get pic posting to work. Here is a link I found of it. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/21/3f/07213fb80629daec54448f6d1d32b349.jpg
  18. H

Pretty cool old 6x6 Allis Chalmers terra tigers

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1729937767090597
  19. H

Carl Heald Trike rear suspension info request

I think I'm going to modify the rear suspension of my TS-130 to be similiar to the Carl Heald Super Trike. I think the swing arm suspension is more compact than say the dune buggy style rear suspensions. Anybody have info on these or some good pics. I take it the frame attachment tube where the...