Search results

1. Li'l Popeye

Favorite rust removers?

I have used phosphoric acid 75% to remove rust out of a gas tank of a Puch maxi moped. It worked above my expectations. I had put 0,5 ltr in gas tank, for about 15 min. with some rusty steel nuts and shaked the tank once in a while pretty hard to let the nuts do their work. After 15 min drained...
  2. Li'l Popeye

Bride of Frankenstein - a cure for leftover parts cluttering the workshop.

Do you still stuff it with the fiberglass?
  3. Li'l Popeye

New minibike-and-other-projects-workshop project.

Installed: cabinets, electric wiring, LED lighting, doors. Electric here in Netherlands is different as to in USA. Mains power (single phase) here is 220-230V. That is used for most equipment and lighting. I also have a 3 phase connection. That is 380V and used for heavier equipment. Power is...
  4. Li'l Popeye

best way to cut off unwanted welded on brackets and added steal to frames

I'm no turd or a scammer?! I wouldn't recommend using these fiber discs for head or block faces. These fiber discs are not meant for that purpose. But for the job the topic starter mentioned, they work great.
  5. Li'l Popeye

best way to cut off unwanted welded on brackets and added steal to frames

I would cut the unwanted parts of with a grinder with thin cutting wheel 125mm diam. And finish with fiber disc on grinder. My experience with fiber discs is that it's easier to get a flat surface vs the flap discs.
  6. Li'l Popeye

Honda gx160 Question

Gx160 has 68mm bore. I think 212 has a bigger bore and maybe a bigger stroke? I know a GX200 has 68mm bore (same as GX160) and a bigger stroke as a GX160. Stock connecting rod length GX160 is 3,303". Maybe GX200 is the same length? Do not know about the 212 engine. Flywheels; not sure if 212 has...
  7. Li'l Popeye

The concrete top floor is in! We poured the concrete with a pump. We power troweled the floor ourselves. And it turned out pretty good.
  8. Li'l Popeye

Speedometer/Tachometer Gauge

It came with a chinese manual...
  9. Li'l Popeye

Speedometer/Tachometer Gauge

Here's mine (€25,- Aliexpress) see video... I have also installed a fuel sensor in gastank and now it reads how full the gastank is, too. It came without the fuel sensor, but with speedsensor and magnets. Speed kan be set to mph or km/h.
  10. Li'l Popeye

Tachometer

I have a cheap speedo- tachometer installed. It reads okay upto 6000 rpm, then the dial goes down... Haven't figured out why. But it was just €25 new. So I'm not complaining. Here's a video of it:
  11. Li'l Popeye

Floor heating installed.
  12. Li'l Popeye

First minibikes ride after winter

Last week it was time for the first minibike ride after the winter. With both my "General Lee" and "Li'l Popeye" minibikes. Front tire of General lee was flat, so that needed some air, all other tires were ok. I checked and cleaned carburators, there was not much dirt in, but the stationairy...
  13. Li'l Popeye

Well, it's been a while, but there's an update. Sewer pipes have been placed underground, also gas- and waterpipes. I leveled the ground and concrete has been poured for the 3 floors. Now the final floor is is for the shelter/add-on and we have power troweled that one. Inside the garage the base...
  14. Li'l Popeye

Installation and test of Juggernaut driver on my "Herbie" minibike.

Does gopowersport sell them seperate?
  15. Li'l Popeye

Bike wants to die if I crack the throttle fast

Dropped the needle or dropped the needle clip (raising needle)?
  16. Li'l Popeye

It is not my field of work either, but I learn it along the way. Might be the hard way, but I will get there.
  17. Li'l Popeye

frame jig

In the video I'm building a minibike frame and using the adjustable jig I made for it.
  18. Li'l Popeye

Hello again, Electrician came over for a quick inspection a while ago, there would be no need for a heavier power connection from the grid, that is if I do not use all heavy machines at once... Fingers crossed. Since last update I have added gutters and finished roofing; video: Also since last...
  19. Li'l Popeye

Torque converter conversion.

Depends on when the last time was when you took a look.... New video coming soon