Search results

1. O

Any Rupp experts here?

Hello all, I have a new Rupp project I am starting. It is a bike I purchased a few years back in rough condition but it was complete for the most part. It is a 10" steel wheel bike with the shorter swing arm. I'm not sure what model it was originally. It was repainted (poorly) in red with a...
  2. O

Rupp question

Hi Guys, Building a mini for the Grandson. I'm using a 71 Rupp frame with a H35 Flatty. Has anyone flipped the rear wheel so sprocket is on the same side as engine crankshaft and run a centrifugal clutch, eliminating the jackshaft all together. Just running chain directly from clutch to rear...
  3. O

H 35 HS 40 Compression numbers

Anyone know the compression numbers for the 70's vintage Tec engines? I'm talking a healthy stock motor.
  4. O

Question for the sages..

So as I'm looking at my Rupps, and also some pictures of both Fox and Speedway bikes I have a question. When a lot of the manufacturers in the 70's started slant mounting the engines on these bikes, what was the purpose? Is their a mechanical advantage to this mounting style? Is it just to...
  5. O

It"s baaaack!!!!

Anyone remember this POS? It was listed as "The holy grail" of Rupp mini bikes in Milwaukee last winter. Well, it's back up for sale for $500 this time. Ugly crap pile dosn't have $300 in it if you parted it out on Ebay. Must be some good drugs in that Milwaukee lead laced water supply! :out...
  6. O

Hands down, the best go cart ever...

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/jet-turbine-engine-powered/6480702598.html
  7. O

OldMiniBikes warehouse U Bild it exhaust kit

OldMiniBikes warehouse sells a U build it exhaust kit for the Tecumseh big block 5 and 6hp motors. Anyone know what the pipe diameter is on the kit? No indication on their website. Has anyone bought one?
  8. O

Deciphering a Rupp motor

Hi guys, Im trying to figure out a H35 on a 1970 Rupp. I do not know if the motor is original to the bike or not. The bike is kind of a mutt. It has a 70 frame and tank, and everything else seems to be 71 or later. I'm going to build it as a custom with a big block so I'm trying to figure...
  9. O

Torque specs?

Looking for the cylinder head and flywheel nut torque specs for a 1972 HS40 Rupp motor. I looked in the posted manual above but did not see the HS40 listed in it.
  10. O

H35-H40 Whats different

What are the differences between a 1983 H35 and a 1983 H40. What gives the 40 the extra 1/2hp? Externally they look pretty much identical. :confused:
  11. O

There's going to be one happy little Grandson Christmas morning

Hi All, I'm just finishing this bike up today. I started it in August as a toy for myself. As the project progressed I got to thinking about all the good times of my youth riding on one of these with my cousin. Then I got to thinking about my Grandson, and how great it would be to give him...
  12. O

ID these shocks

I got these rear shocks on a Rupp roller I bought a few months ago. I know they are not Rupp shocks. Any idea what they are from??
  13. O

Plug choices

What spark plugs are you guys running in your H and HS tecumseh's. Is one better then others? Heat range? Thanks, Jeff
  14. O

Flywheel knockers

I have 2 motors I'm working on, and a third upcoming. 1st is an original 1972 Rupp Roadster HS 40 2nd is a 1970 H 60 (big block) 3rd is a 1983 HS 40 What are the correct flywheel knockers (part numbers) for the above Tec engines? Need to do some tune ups and kill switch wiring.
  15. O

Home brew decal soup???

I'm getting ready to apply the decals/stickers to a Rupp project I'm working on. 1st attempt at applying the large Rupp decal to the motor blower cover ended in disaster. Bubbles...wrinkles...not quite centered right. I tried to apply it dry. My old shaky hands just weren't quick enough...
  16. O

Id help

Hi Guys, I picked up a Tecumseh that is supposed to be a 60's era H60. It has the tin tag on the blower/starter cover but the tag does not say H anything. Heres the numbers off the tag. Model 143-586222 Serial 9260 07565 What is it? And where can I get a gasket set for it? Thank...
  17. O

Crazy 2 wheel drive monster bike

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/snw/d/big-red-mini-bike/6377067812.html
  18. O

Shoe horning a HS60

I have an extra 1972 rupp roadster frame in the shed. The other day I came across a late 60's big block Tecumseh H60 for sale. Light bulb went off in my head. I have seen guys put 6 and 7hp tec's on rupps in youtube videos. Has anyone here made that swap? Were frame mods necessary? does...
  19. O

Help from the Rupp experts

I'm rebuilding the driven half of the TC on my 1971 Rupp black widow. I have multiple questions so I will list them individually. 1: I have new bearings for the jackshaft. They fit the shaft well, but are not tight in the frame tube. Is this normal on the Rupps? They push in with minimal...
  20. O

Extreme ape hangers

https://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/d/mini-bike/6325779256.html