Search results

1. S

What did I just overpay for?

I'm contemplating restoring it. Yeah, the exhaust is something else... There is a hole in the end cap as well. The guy I bought it from was definitely interesting, and really liked spray paint.
  2. S

Oh well, got to see some cool mini's in the process at least.
  3. S

Never mind, Manco Thunderbird. Just saw someone posted one in the second newest post...
  4. S

I've been through 19 pages of the "What is it?" thread and didn't see anything close. Homemade possibly?
  5. S

Unknown #1

Control4userguy, let me know what you want for the swingarm.
  6. S

Anyone ever make a knife?

You would take the steel up to your quench temp(loses magnetivity) and then allow it to cool as slowly as possible(left in forge overnight). This allows the structure to realign and gets rid of any stress points from forging. I would think the lawn mower blade would work, the older ones are said...
  7. S

Oh, and peanut or sunflower oil makes a great quenchant, just keep it sealed up when not in use. Another quick tip: always normalize before you quench and don't go thinner than .03" edge thickness to save the heartache of a cracked blade.
  8. S

I used to make knives as a hobby, still have my anvil and forge. You need a steel with at least around .35% carbon to harden properly. Files, saw blades, some railroad spikes, and leaf springs make for some easy to find stock. You can make a simple charcoal forge out of a brake drum and bathroom...
  9. S

Unknown #1

Sent you a PM as well, not sure if they're going out though...
  10. S

Air filter adapter for ebay china carbs?

Cheaper than me turning one, thanks.
  11. S

Air filter adapter for ebay china carbs?

Anyone know where I can get one hat fits one of these carbs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CARBURETOR-for-Craftsman-Edger-Tecumseh-632615-632208-632589-H30-H35-3-5HP/162698011300?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Just want to run a cone filter.
  12. S

Unknown #1

Sent you a PM.
  13. S

Word Association Game

Turkey sandwich
  14. S

Unknown #5

Looks like it's been stretched?
  15. S

Unknown #1

I think these are the correct forks, and I can fab new swingarms.
  16. S

Unknown #2

That's it, thanks. To bad the brake is gone and the tabs were chopped. Did the peg placement change with models or years?
  17. S

Weekend find

Yeah, in Myrtle Creek. The ad's been up for a couple months, surprised he still had it. https://roseburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/vintage-mini-bike-project/6334245631.html
  18. S

Unknown #1

Yep, matches the pics on google, thanks. Looks like they chopped, flipped and brazed the swingarms on...
  19. S

2018 Build-Off?

I've disassembled and honed the block I plan on using for the 2018 build-off, does that disqualify it?
  20. S

Unknown #4