Search results

1. W

BC 1300 very original

No relation. very original
  2. W

Bonanza/misc. parts combo $85 shipped

Various parts as seen in pics. $85 shipped Continental US. some original and non-original Bonanza hardware. Clutch is new 12T 3/4 inch bought by mistake. Grips are very close to original Bonanza and can be shortened by slicing a section out and using rubber adhesive to re-join. Gas tank mount...
  3. W

Completed BC1300 Restoration

Hi Everyone, I finally finished my BC1300 restoration. Thanks for all the help including Machester1, Marcus, Bill, K.C., and others. Now, was does a sixty-five year old do with a mini bike :rolleyes:. Regards, Bill
  4. W

Chain tension

Hello all. I’m really close to finishing my BC1300 restoration. Thanks to all the members here who support me. My question/problem is that when I rotate the rear wheel the chain that goes from the jack shaft to the rear sprocket gets tight then loose as I rotate the wheel. It’s not the jack...
  5. W

Wanted Bonanza Gas Tank

Hello all: I'm looking for an original Bonaza gas tank as shown in the picture below. I can use the long style or the short style, but I need an original. I'd like "excellent" condition, but would consider one I can repair and re-chrome which unfortuantely is a long process. Thanks so much...
  6. W

Bonanza gas tank wanted

Hello all, I'm looking for an original remote Boanaza gas tank in excellent condition if possible. A sample pic is shown below. I can use either the short or long version, but I need original. Thanks and regards, Bill
  7. W

Bonanza Rear Shocks Reproductions

Hello all. I searched for a long time for rear shocks for my BC1300 restoration. The ones I found were only good enough for paterns so I made some for my restoration and some extra pairs to sell. I had to make quite a bit of tooling to do this properly so making a small batch made sense...
  8. W

Wanted - Bonanza under seat gas tank bracket

Hello, WI need a Bonanza under-seat gas tank bracket as shown. These are specifically for the shorter (~7 1/4 inch tanks). I have one, but it for the longer tanks. (thanks to MustangFrank for the pic. hopefully you don't mind me using it :) I have the long tank bracket. Regards, Bill
  9. W

Bonanza under seat gas tank mount question

Hi all: I'm confused. I have the three proper pieces. I tossed the old seat wood as it was in very bad shape. I remember verifying that the screw holes matched before tossing out the original the old one. My recollection is that the mount goes as shown in the pics. It goes togther nicely that...
  10. W

Slow progress.

...got the BC1300 frame painted today. Color matched to an original. Used a blend of Chevrolet Nassau Blue and Chevrolet International Blue plus a touch of green tint. The original Bonanza paint was blue with a hint of turquoise. I have a pint remaining which is enough for 3 coats if you spray...
  11. W

Restoration costs

An example of why the restoration costs are so high. Recent eBay sale (not me on either end) Sold. $455 + shipping. I have all the parts now for my BC1300 build and just finished painting the frame color matched to the original Bonanza blue. $300 alone for the paint (epoxy primer, base blend...
  12. W

BC1300 Restoration

...have nearly everything for my (planned) 100 pt. Bonanza BC1300 restoration. The last thing I need (I think) are the handle bar grips. 1” diameter. I have one original (bad condition) as a guide. any suggestions on best grips ? Thanks, Bill
  13. W

Vintage Seat For Sale

Mini Bike seat for sale. Not sure of history excellent condition except for one flaw picured. $85 shipped to CONUS. Thanks for looking. Regards, Bill
  14. W

Bonanza Sprocket Restoration

This is the sprocket that came on my early '68 BC1300. I have no idea how it got that way, but I needed an original 60 tooth sprocket for the early Go Power wheels. Unable to find an original sprocket in good shape I decided to restore this one.
  15. W

Mini Bike friend needs help

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dave-miller-dmc-dave-miller-concepts?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-158968566173-4218235e34e04321&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b
  16. W

Bonanza Rear Shocks Reproduction

Since I'm asking a lot of questions on the forum I had better step-up my posting as well :) Like almost every pair of Bonanza shocks I've seen, the shocks in my bike were abused over the years. Like someone said, "the kid will do anything to get the mini bike running again." I checked the...
  17. W

BC1300 gearing with H35

Hello all. I'm looking for the proper jackshaft sprocket sizes for my BC1300 Restoration. I have the correct H35 and it presently has a 13 tooth clutch. The rear wheel has the original 60 tooth sprocket. I need the number of teeth for the engine side and the wheel side. Thanks, Bill
  18. W

BC1300 Parts Needed

All for an Early '68 BC Restoration 1) Remote Gas Tank 4" x 7 1/2". 2) Left-side "full-length" H35 Exhaust. 3) Bonanza ID plate - older "flat" style. 4) Lever for 5" Bendix brake. 5) Original Chain guard. I'm doing a restoration to original condition. I can do repairs and plating as...
  19. W

Dave Miller (Concepts) could use some help

I've never met Dave, but discovered his story while trying to source some Bonanza parts. Those parts aren't important now - what's important is to get the word out that Dave and his family could use some help - thoughts, prayer and financial support. If you know of Dave, then you know he's a...
  20. W

Bonanza shocks - how too?

Hello all. do you have any tips or techniques to remove and re-install the front and back springs. The detached one popped-off when I struggled to get the lower fork out of the upper fork. Any help is much appreciated. Regards, Bill