Search results

1. merk20

For sale: Vintage Sachs 5 speed motor (50S)

Believe it was off of a Coleman Sport 5.30, could totally be used on anything else. feel free to read up on these beasts! https://jleibovitch.tripod.com/id262.htm turns over, however, there is no piston in it, everything else is there. shifts through all 5 gears, seems good. ill look through...
  2. merk20

Minico trail jet basket case motor

Selling my minico basket case motor, took it off the bike before it unfortunately got stolen out of my garage, so I'm trying to recoupe my losses. transmittion seems to be a 2 or 3 speed semi auto. Could use a piston, as its a bit scored. comes with everything you need to re assemble it, will...
  3. merk20

50s mini bike maybe?

Hmm, that would be extra sweet! Time to contact american pickers, this could be the crown jewel! Im going to try to fix the oil issue, then see if i can get it started!
  4. merk20

50s mini bike maybe?

UPDATE: did some digging on the motor, looked on the flywheel and its says eisemann magneto corporation, model 71 (might be a j in there, cant quite tell) And when i look it up it brings me to a ebay listing, depicting a very similer onan motor in a 1937 info catalog. (I seriously doubt its...
  5. merk20

50s mini bike maybe?

Yea im expecting that. But ill see if i can get the engine running (theres a cool glass float on it, so gotta make sure i dont drop it ) it might be a 2 stroke as well! That would be extra cool. Currently working on other projects, so this obe might take a while
  6. merk20

50s mini bike maybe?

Yea, im leaning towards manufactured myself, but i can tell some repairs were made on it (the brake being the most obvious) I think at some point this thing had much bigger wheels on it, since theres 3" of clearance on all sides. The back says "genuine crosby" on it (Crosby is a mining town...
  7. merk20

50s mini bike maybe?

Not sure, saw it on the side of the road with a free sign on it. Looks to be homemade, possibly a manufactured frame and fork? Engine looks to be of vintage, leaks oil like one. Wisconsin engine possibly? Any theories, suggestions?
  8. merk20

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

Not sure, saw it on the side of the road with a free sign on it. Looks to be homemade, possibly a manufactured frame and fork? Engine looks to be of vintage, leaks oil like one. Wisconsin engine possibly? Any theories, suggestions?
  9. merk20

Stage 1 kit for lifan 212

well, you sure you getting 46mph? because my baja, with stage one, govener removed, torque converter, and some other bits only gets me to 43mph, and thats if im going all out. if you want more power, get a stage one kit, and a header with 3/4 plumbers thread, (you can get a go kart exhaust...
  10. merk20

Building my first mini bike from scrach!

thank you! its a fun ride, and very wheelie able! (me and my buddies bet on how long we can hold it. are best was 10 seconds) i was planning on adding a wheelie bar but. live and learn (the headtube needs some reinforcing, it bent when we messed around with it.
  11. merk20

Thank you! I am just welding the sprocked directly on to the hub (not the best, but itll be fine) Im using a motorised bike sprocket as those are offset. And it will clear the chain. Im lazy so this project is getting delade by a bit lol. (Also need to weld a engine plate, this one in the pic...
  12. merk20

Baja heat

well, you could do that, but heres what i did (mine was completly gone, there was a big hole in the seat lol), i got me a small piece of flat stock welded a long bolt to it, and stuffed it in. had to drill out the plate. but it worked out great! (ill post some pics when i get home)
  13. merk20

I was planning on welding something (washers?) To space out the sprocket then weld on a flat plate. Drill and tap. And make it a hub. For brakes, well flintstone brakes are free so lol. But i will probably make my own brake (4" brake band on the clutch, lots of yt videos on how to do this)...
  14. merk20

Update!! Finished the front forks (found some pipe under the work bench yay!), fabed up some rear deopouts, and welded up the engine plate (will probably be replacing it I have some 3/16 Steel that's better suited for the engine plate) But Heres some pics!
  15. merk20

Update! I forgot you update you guys, sorry about that lol Ive made the seat, and started on the front forks, there a bit short (ran out of pipe lol) I'm waiting on the carb and sprocket, they should be here next week. But heres some pics!
  16. merk20

Word Association Game

up
  17. merk20

ill try it out, see if it works lol. i weld outside whenever its galvenised (or painted) i would be 100x eaiser if i got a pipe bender, but im hella cheap
  18. merk20

Yes its galvanized, I weld it with my garage door open, I'm not breathing that stuff in!
  19. merk20

It's not, probably because I just taced it together. I'll be adding some supports later. Plus who needs safety, I'm taking a crap engine that has one if the weakest rods in history and bypassing the govener. So safety Is like a 5th on my list
  20. merk20

UPDATE #2 Got the frame taced up! As well as the foot pegs, still need to do a bit of stuff, planning on starting the front forks soon as well.