Search results

1. M

My First Build! Manco Streaker, Honda Gx160

Have you checked your speed with a phone app? Certainly worth picking up a $20 tachometer and making sure you are getting full RPMs, 3600 is stock, though the governor can usually be adjusted for another thousand or so using the various spring holes. I’ve seen many engines that are not getting...
  2. M

Mini bikes on dirt bike trails , an Interesting idea I mignt persue soon.

Scout your trails before you go thought the trouble. We rode our local trails exactly once. So rough and rocky it wan’t much fun.
  3. M

New Coleman models

Yeah, get a little longer swing arm on it and it should be pretty good.
  4. M

Kawasaki ATC to bike conversion.

Nice! I have a hunch you may have made a youtube video…
  5. M

224 studders

Valve float?
  6. M

Question about predator 212 @ higher rpm’s

It was the low speed cruising that fouled plugs. Engines tuned rich down low for good throttle response fouled when they never had the chance to open up, heat the plugs, and clean them up.
  7. M

Ct200u talk

I wonder if your carb is tuned properly. How does your spark plug look? Also, do you have a tachometer on the bike?
  8. M

Ct200u talk

Did you upgrade the valve springs?
  9. M

Need more torque, keep burning up clutches.

I’ve tried several new/different caps on the Coleman/Hisun tank. They all leak. Let us know if you figure it out. Common problem, I wouldn’t be surprised if they get sued someday over a fire injury. At least they seem to leak towards the intake side.
  10. M

It is really interesting how close our perception of acceleration is tied to the sound of an engine picking up RPMs! Automakers have struggled with this for years. A perfectly tuned CVT allows the engine to rev up to peak torque, (or peak efficiency, if that is the goal) then maintains the...
  11. M

They sure are sweet once you get them dialed in!
  12. M

No need to fear seals on these engines.
  13. M

How fast is your mini bike

My longest straight away is only around 150 yards before I have to hit the brakes. With a mildly built 196 on a Baja frame and my 230 lbs, I can hit 35mph (gps). and it is still pulling. I’d guess it’d do 40-45 mph with some more runway and the current gearing. Maybe 50 with a sprocket...
  14. M

I’d just swap the crankshaft. Probably wise to check the rod clearance with plastiguage, or you could just compare it to the existing crankshaft with calipers...
  15. M

The 224 came later, but honestly can’t remember what came first between the Juggernaut and the stretch.
  16. M

We are running 3 of them hard with no issues.
  17. M

Links for a Chinese TAV and a Juggernaut for $150ish. You might throw in a 8 tooth sprocket and save on chain/rear sprocket...
  18. M

Predator 224 Coupon

Torquey engine, but ours vibrates quite a bit more than our 196 clones or 212 Tillotson. Here is a $159.99 coupon if anyone is interested…...
  19. M

Probably much lower RPMs and maybe some lugging. The Comet seems to need much lower sprocket ratios. I was running 3100 rpm garter springs, a 7” driver and 9/70 sprockets to get the hill climbing performance I wanted out of the Comet. Even with a good cleaning and moly dry lube, it would start...