Search results

1. second childhood

2 Coleman mini bikes with throttle problems

Try to read this post if I can get this Link to work. It is on page 206. It help slow my bike down so it would Idle and dis engage the clutch. https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/coleman-ct-200u-ex-2nd-test-ride.154865/
  2. second childhood

Something’s wrong with my bike:/

I had the same problem with my Coleman CT200U-EX and got it fixed. We discussed it in this Thread Forums...
  3. second childhood

Slowing my bike down

I figured there was a reason why most people preferred the TAV system but it depends on how much money you have to spread around. Being retired and finishing up my house so I can sell it sort of thins the wallet. My motorcycle, ATV, and Radio systems all have to take their turn working on my...
  4. second childhood

Slowing my bike down

Thanks I'll have to learn about programing stall speeds and getting more gentle on the throttle. At almost 70 I don't need wheelies and a 200 lb man on a minibike is bad enough but the bike fits in my van nicely so it is ready to go with me so I don't have to hook up my trailer. Besides that...
  5. second childhood

Slowing my bike down

Thanks for the idea, I was wondering about that idea but I don't know much about TAVs because I never had any experience with them. Do they make the acceleration more controllable? I know the centifical clutch is too fast and sometimes you need easy does it in tight situations. I think that is...
  6. second childhood

Slowing my bike down

Thanks D J I was looking at that sprocket but it says High Strength Aluminum and that scares me a little because I am old school and think Steel should be the way to go for wear purpose. I could be wrong but I'm a 70 year old mechanic and been barking at the moon a long time! LOL
  7. second childhood

Slowing my bike down

I know this might sound unusual to the younger riders but my bike is too quick for my style riding and purposes and I want to slow it down and give it more power for rough trail riding and more control of acceleration. My bike is a Coleman CT-200U-EX from Tractor supply and was wondering if...
  8. second childhood

Coleman CT200U-EX Re-Mod

I actually have a motorcycle salvage yard shop 15 miles away from my house. I actual bought racks and sissy bar parts from 2 different bikes and used my chop saw and mig welder to modify and relocate the various parts as needed. Of coarse you have to clean up your welds and use chrome paint on...
  9. second childhood

Coleman CT200U-EX Re-Mod

I posted earlier a mod I made to my bike to add racks to my bike but have since decided to change the head light location to where I think it should have been. It give me more room on the front rack and cleans it up.
  10. re-mod2

re-mod2

11. re-mod 1

re-mod 1

12. second childhood

My Coleman CT 200U-EX Mod

Thanks I have to laugh when I think of all the chopping and swapping that needed to be done! Now I can't wait to take it out at night to see how the headlight will be aimed.
  13. second childhood

My Coleman CT 200U-EX Mod

Wanted to make my bike more useful so thought it was time for some New Used racks for setting and checking my minnow trap. Thank God for my local motorcycle salvage yard and my fab shop. They could of been polished more but they serve my purpose.
  14. Mini_Bike_Mods_004

Mini_Bike_Mods_004

200u-ex mod 1
  15. Mini_Bike_Mods_001

Mini_Bike_Mods_001

200u-ex mod 1
  16. second childhood

Coleman CT200U-EX tire change

Thanks for the input that is the way I was leaning but I do a lot of back woods side hill riding and wondering if the full knobby wouldn't slide as much because of more weight on the rear tire. Your SunF's are a different tread design, more of a street design. Mine are the Sport Knobby but they...
  17. second childhood

Coleman CT200U-EX tire change

Well it's been a busy summer but yesterday I decided it was time to change my stock rear tire out for my new SunF sport knobby tire I got from Walmart 5 month ago. Needless to say I was pleased to get rid of the clunky ride from the stock tire that came with the bike. Now the question is should...
  18. second childhood

Need a seat MOD for my CT200U-EX

Anyone out there changed out there factory seat for one with springs on this bike. Or a mod for the factory seat will work also. I'm beginning to think about improving the ride on this bike but haven't had much time to give it much thought because of too many family projects. I'm open to all...
  19. second childhood

Spring has Sprung and 3rd Test ride on Coleman CT200U-EX went really well!

Well last week I finally got a chance to take the Ct 200U-EX out to try out my mud flap mod and the governor spring mod to see how they worked and everything was Smooth sailing. Everything worked so well I didn't want to stop riding. I want to take time to say Thanks to all the good, helpful...