Search results

1. W

1967 Sears Runabout

We had to do a little work to the frame before it goes off to get powder coated on Monday. Our data plate was still on the bike and we got it off okay but it is a little rough. Does anyone know where we might be able to get a new one made?
  2. W

1967 Sears Runabout

We stayed after and worked on it tonight. The wheels would not come apart without some real work. They had lock nuts and rust on them. We packed everything up to go to get blasted and we are writing a list to send out to order parts. Girls get dirty too!
  3. W

1967 Sears Runabout

Sorry, we haven't posted but we had a password issue. It's fixed now. Here are some pictures of what we have done so far. We will be working again on Thursday.
  4. W

1967 Sears Runabout

Hello everyone restoring this bike for an old West Branch graduate!
  5. W

Vintage Tote Gote Model 404

We got it all together and it doesn't run the best. It ran great before we put it in. We wanted to make the deadline so we made a video but we will try to figure out what is wrong on Monday. Sorry the video isn't great, we used a phone. Oh we forgot the foot pegs but we put them on after the...
  6. W

Hey, its starting to come together. We had to paint the wheels and hardware and we are covered in paint. We put in the clutch and a jack shaft. We used one of sprockets from my Dad but, Mr. Davis had to weld it on the jack shaft. We have to figure out a lot of the little things like cable's...
  7. W

We got the sprocket Mr. Davis ordered so we should be ready to put it together. We have been having trouble finding time to work so we got with Mr. Davis and we are going to meet on Saturday to get our bike done. He says we should make it. One other thing, we can't find the right mesh for the...
  8. W

Thank you for the idea on the throttle. Mr. Davis ordered it yesterday.
  9. W

Hello, so we are trying to get the sprockets rebored because my dad bored them incorrectly, and trying to figure out how to hook the throttle up(a picture would be great), and were making the left side cover.
  10. W

We like the old look of our engine, and we were wondering if we had to paint it, or if we could keep the old look to it. And we were wondering if it would affect the way it was judged. And the frame is sandblasted, but there were some holes in the bottom, that we have to fix.
  11. W

Hey, guys we haven't been able to post because we have been busy. I (Sam) participated in my high school play Beauty and Beast. And we have state testing. The frame is sand blasted and we will post a picture tomorrow.
  12. W

Mr. Davis said he got the idea from you! Hey this is Miranda, and last night we got the engine out to see it would start. Mr. Davis played around with it to see if it would start and the first couple times it wouldn't start, and Mr. Davis had Sam put her thumb on the spark plug hole and the...
  13. W

Hi, We are currently making a template for the side screen. Sorry it is going so slow we are only able to work on the mini bike once a week. We got our bearings and we are still waiting for my dad to bore the sprockets. The frame is damaged in two places. We just ordered bushings for the...
  14. W

We got our seat for the bike this week, and we are currently still ordering parts for the bike. And here is a little story, we called a place around a week ago about bearings and we ordered the bearings and and we called them back a few days ago and the guys said he lost the orders. So we...
  15. W

A 40b13 and a 50b11. We ordered some but the best they have are 1 inch bore and both of ours have to be 1-1/4 inch bore. My dad is going to make the bores bigger.
  16. W

We are currently ordering parts for our mini bike and we ordered a few parts and Sam's dad has a lathe and is going to help us with the sprockets. The biggest bore we could get 1 inch and we needed an inch and quarter. We made our clutch silver and we were looking at pictures and saw that...
  17. W

Sorry we have not posted in a while. We have had many snow days these past few weeks. We are currently looking up parts for the mini bike. We did get to see a picture of the seat we are getting. Thanks Karen!
  18. W

Hey two of us were in last years 18 and under class and want more of a challenge so we are going to compete in the vintage class. We have three members, me( Sam), Miranda, and Seth.
  19. W

wbwarriors 1963 Sidekick 18 and under vintage class

Here it is! It was very hot and Mr. Davis said he only wanted to do it once so this is the best video we could do. Please vote for us!!! https://youtu.be/V9f8rB7yuZ0
  20. W

wbwarriors 1963 Sidekick 18 and under vintage class

Thanks! We worked on it again today after school. It is really starting to look good. We should have it done by next week.