Search results

1. DaddyJohn

My recent Baja Warrior Redo

I got this thing cheap, missing the back axle and adjusters, engine, rear fender, etc. I added a garbage night free pressure washer engine combined with Chinese TAV (raised engine 1/4” and re-angled the muffler), braced the frame neck and made some sheet metal panels to fill in the space. I...
  2. DaddyJohn

Then There’s This Gemini Scrambler B-4…

Another project in the works that I will probably resto-mod to some extent… It’s a bit rusty-crusty, but I’ve seen worse. Seat is roached, real HS40 mini bike engine is locked-up, but it’s mostly there. I found a set of handlebar riser tops from a Yamaha that fit and allowed me to mount the...
  3. DaddyJohn

Just got a Victor Mini-Scrambler!

I grew up riding an original ‘69 Honda Z50 mini-trail, so am pretty nostalgic for the model. That said, I’m not nostalgic enough to pay what they go for nowadays! Anyway, when one of these came up within a reasonable driving distance, I jumped on it! It’s a Victor Mini-Scrambler (also sold as...
  4. DaddyJohn

Can anyone assist identification?

I think it might be Tiawanese?
  5. DaddyJohn

Interesting Remote Filter Set-Up

I got this remote air filter system off an old Roof chipper/vac. Engine was an HS50 with a 1” crank stub. Pretty cool!
  6. DaddyJohn

Vintage 4” Aluminum Racing Wheels

Sort of a repeat post, posted in the “What Is It” forum, but maybe better here? Not sure of the make/brand, can anyone help? They’re 4” and shod with Carlisle Indian head racing slicks. Timken tapered bearings with 3/4” axle bore. Very trick looking with the finned backside!
  7. DaddyJohn

Vintage Go Kart Wheels, What Brand?

I just came across these cool vintage go kart wheels, but have no clue of their brand or origin. They are 4” aluminum with Timken tapered bearings installed. Axle would be 3/4”, and I assume they’re fronts. Tires are vintage Carlisle Indian head 4.10/3.50-4 racing slicks. Thanks in advance...
  8. DaddyJohn

Buying this, What is it?

Looks very similar to a Bird mini bike, but sure it isn’t. Definitely some homemade features/additions… Anyone know what it is?
  9. DaddyJohn

Tecumseh Metal Fuel Tank - Trail Horse

I have what I believe is the stock Tecumseh fuel tank from an early 70’s Trail Horse. It’s steel and in decent shape. Some surface and interior rust, but solid with no holes. Includes cap, fuel valve, and mounting bracket. $40 plus ship from Indianapolis.
  10. DaddyJohn

Front Fender - ARCO, Fox, Trail Horse

Not sure exactly which one of these things it is (look very closely), and the brace and fender may not actually go together. Came like this on my Trail Horse GTO 400, but it’s not the original as-delivered item on that bike. Selling for $40 plus shipping from Indianapolis. identification...
  11. DaddyJohn

ID my fender?

I know it’s not a whole mini bike, but someone out there will have a sharp eye. This came mounted to the front of my Trail Horse GTO 400 (reasonably sure that’s the right number). Anyway, also reasonably sure this isn’t original to the bike, but don’t have a clear idea of what it IS from…:(...
  12. DaddyJohn

New Resto-Mod Project

I picked up this Trail Horse over the winter, and should be able to start my budget build here soon (they’re all budget builds, lol). So far, I ditched the little Briggs and weird seat pan that came on it, and ordered a new brake band for the rear wheel. As far as engines, I’ve got a...
  13. DaddyJohn

Picked this up today…

…WTHeck is it? I was thinking MTD Trail Horse SS300? It has cool mags, the front forks have internal sliders, and it appears to have a taillight bracket. Not sure that the seat is original.
  14. DaddyJohn

Wheel Bearings, Special Sizing Question…

Does anyone know of an inexpensive bearing option to use to mount a vintage-style wheel (with 1-3/8” center hole) to a newer-style (Chinese) mini bike with 12mm axles? Essentially, this would be a 12mm ID by 35mm OD by probably 10-11mm thick bearing, though the thickness isn’t really...
  15. DaddyJohn

This is interesting…

Chain guard says Ruttman, front wheel looks like Ruttman, but not sure that it is…
  16. DaddyJohn

Rupp Continental Resto-Mod

I got this frame a little while back for a really good price. It came with a rear wheel, plus the fenders and chain guard, which I sold to help others with their projects. I knew this was never going to be worth restoring properly, but could definitely see utility in the chassis. So, one...
  17. DaddyJohn

Sears Roper Fender for 10” Wheels

Sears Roper mini bike fender for 10” wheels. Chrome has some pitting as pictured, but nice solid and straight piece. $50 plus shipping from Indianapolis, payment via USPS money order. Thanks for looking!
  18. DaddyJohn

Briggs 3.5hp Power Washer to Mini Bike Throttle Set-Up?

I got ahold of this free 3.5hp Briggs off a Coleman power washer and want to use it on one of my economy mini bike builds. It fits the chassis perfectly, and fired on ether. I got a new OEM style Chinese carb to put on, and sure it’ll run fine at that point. Question is, how do I hook up my...
  19. DaddyJohn

70’s Vintage Taiwan Frame Build-Up!

I got this frame for a price that was too good to pass up, but probably not cheap enough to make this build economical, lol… Here’s a link to the “What is it?” thread, complete with pics of the bare frame as procured: https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-is-this-frame.174972/...
  20. DaddyJohn

Rupp Continental or C-250 Fenders

I’ve got a set of Rupp Continental or C-250 fenders for sale (not sure which model of those two, see pic of mini bike they came off of for reference). They have surface rusting, but are solid and usable. A little skim coat, sand, and paint should have these looking good. Front fender has one...