1. R

1971 Rupp Hustler $1,000

sold
  2. R

1971 Rupp Hustler $1,000

Still available
  3. R

1970 Rupp Roadster - $1,500

I can't figure out how to delete, but this bike has been sold.
  4. R

1971 Rupp Hustler $1,000

1971 Rupp Hustler - bike was completely stripped down to frame. Each part was either replaced or restored. Engine has been replaced but with period correct HS40. Everything is in excellent working condition. Asking price: $1,000 Cell: 781 424 8404 I live south of Boston, MA but could...
  5. R

1970 Rupp Roadster - $1,500

1970 Rupp Roadster - bike was completely stripped down to frame. Each part was either replaced or restored. Motor is original and runs excellent. Surface rust on handlebar is just that. Flat black pain was what my son chose. He's now too old for the bike. Rims are in good shape. Muffler is the...
  6. R

1970 Rupp Roadster for sale - $1,700 or B/O

1970 Rupp Roadster - bike was completely stripped down to frame. Each part was either replaced or restored. Motor is original and runs excellent. Surface rust on handlebar is just that. Flat black pain was what my son chose. He's now too old for the bike. Rims are in good shape. Muffler is...
  7. R

How much are these Rupp mini bikes worth?

removed post. Apparently this question is not in keeping with the rules. Hoping an admin can delete altogether.
  8. R

Tecumseh Carb Question

Thanks! Agreed on Black Widow and Jim...buy everything I can from him. He's the best.
  9. R

Tecumseh Carb Question

HS40 55512H SER 2095B - the carb is leaking gas. would rather replace. can someone either send me a link to the right carb or a link to a site where I can find the part number? I've spent hours trying to figure it out but with no luck. Thanks in advance!
  10. R

Carb keeps leaking gas!

It was my understanding that the slanted manifold corrected for the engine angle and leveled the carburetor such that a modern, non-diagram part could function properly?
  11. R

Carb keeps leaking gas!

Have a 71 Rupp Roadster and Hustler. Both have what I believe to be the correct slanted manifold. Both have new carbs. Both leak gas out of the choke. What am I missing?!
  12. R

Tecumseh HS40 Carb Replacement

1970 Rupp Roadster with Tecumseh HS40 55282B. I have the slanted bracket but the carb needs to be replaced. I'm fine with the Chinese part...will just buy one every year. I can NOT find the right carb online. Does someone have a link to the right replacement carb for this motor?
  13. R

1971 Rupp Hustler - same engine as 70 Roadster?

i don't have the engine now but when i get it back, i'll take a pic and post. Thanks for all the help.
  14. R

1971 Rupp Hustler - same engine as 70 Roadster?

Almost done with my 71 Rupp Roadster rebuild and am moving on to a 71 Rupp Hustler. Unfortunately, the engine shroud is missing, and the engine needs parts. It looks to be the same engine as the 71 Roadster - a Tecumseh HS40. I need quite a few parts. Can I assume the engines are the same?
  15. R

Comment by 'ruppro' in media '1970 roadster'

Beautiful bike!
  16. R

HS40 55282B carb part number?

Well - that explains a lot! Markus - per your comment, it appears I have a Tecumseh carb as I do see numbers near the adjustment screws. So, I just need a manifold like this and it will correct the tilt thereby fixing the leak (assuming internal carb parts are cleaned and working...
  17. R

Thanks guys! I’ve taken a pic of the current carb, which was installed by a local guy after I bought the bike. I’m pretty sure it’s the wrong part and/or defective as it won’t stop leaking gas. Markus - I’ll take a look at the carb on eBay. Thanks again.
  18. R

Been trying to find a replacement carb for HS40 55282B. Online parts diagrams show carb as #237, but I can’t trace that number to an actual part number. I searched for 55282B carbs on Ebay and amazon - nothing. Anyone know the part number and where I can get a replacement? Thanks
  19. R

Tecumseh HS40 carb tuning specs

Anyone know the tuning specs for carb on HS40 55282B?
  20. R

HS40 parts?

Baaahaha oh yeah - Larry will get a scrubbing in due time. This restore had been a first of its kind for my son and me. Minimum viable product was the initial goal. That being said, I stripped every last part off the frame and rebuilt the motor (with help). Over the next few years, I’d like to...