Search results

1. K

Fenders on a Taco?

Fenders on a Taco 22,44,99,100... pure heresy! A friend did it on his 100 circa 1970 using a chrome metal fender , maybe off a Bonaza ? Was attached with the steering head bolt. Just didn't look right though.
  2. K

HS40 broken muffler bolt

Heat it, center punch and I mean get it on center, drill for an easy out. Get a straight easy-out, not the spiral kind, drive it in and turn it out. If you have a welder, weld thru a nut to the stud and try to wrench it out. If aluminum block the heat from welding will help. If all fails metal...
  3. K

What exhaust is this- for sale also

That looks more like an oil pan oil pump pickup off a car. Could be a small block Ford with modified screen. https://www.autokrafters.com/p-21777-melling-oil-pump-screen-assembly-260-289-302-1962-70-fairlane-falcon-galaxie-mustang-maverick-68s.aspx
  4. K

Rupp engine angle / slope

Always wondered what the motor was angled and sloped on the Rupp models? Would think this was detrimental to oiling? Anyway anyone know why?
  5. K

The Taco Steens never built

Taco Terminator?
  6. K

Some better pictures
  7. K

Post your cars!

Taco to two Shelby Mustangs. The '65 purchased in 1972 and still vintaged raced and the '66 restored in 2008. Still have both.
  8. K

CA. Minibike Dealer's in the 60's?

Hey Taco Loco Joe, was the Daly City Pit Stop mini bike shop/dealer on Mission Street, behind a muffler shop?
  9. K

Thanks for all the positive comments. This bike rides very nice, well balanced and quite quick. You never know how a build will turn out. Some build thoughts. Constructed the forks from scratch as the frame is very wide at the neck. The gas tank has as curved inlet from exhaust tubing, flip top...
  10. K

CAT custom mini

Dangerous!
  11. K

Always wondered why Steens used an advertisement of a mini that they never built, so I built one. Honda 90 with automatic 4 speed, gas tank from propane gas bottles, flip top gas cap, part of the frame was from a 60's Australian built mini (name now escapes me) bought off Ebay.
  12. K

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

Always wondered why Steens used an advertisement of a mini that they never built, so I built one. Honda 90 with automatic 4 speed, gas tank from propane gas bottles, flip top gas cap, part of the frame was from a 60's Australian built mini (name now escapes me) bought off Ebay.
  13. K

CAT custom mini

Couple of pictures of my completed Yamaha 175 powered CAT mini. There was a Yamaha powered mini back in the 60's and I always liked the Bonanza BC1500 Hodaka so I built this one off.
  14. K

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

Couple of pictures of my completed Yamaha 175 powered CAT mini. There was a Yamaha powered mini back in the 60's and I always liked the Bonanza BC1500 Hodaka so I built this one off.