Search results

1. F

Hs50 stalls...

Yup
  2. F

Hs50 stalls...

7/8 of a turn. The bike was running great before I swapped the tank. The only other thing I changed was it now has some of that ethanol free can gas in it, had been using pump gas. I’ve got the same gas in other bikes that aren’t stalling.
  3. F

Hs50 stalls...

I believe so. I feel like it could be a little more open but with that in mind while the bike was doing its low idle thing I removed the cap and didn’t notice any change.
  4. F

Hs50 stalls...

Interestingly, I just put a remote gas tank on another bike in pretty much the exact same setup and now this bike is having trouble idling. The tank is a cylinder mount parallel to the fame in front of the seat, petcock/filter mounted to the tank, single piece of 1/2” fuel line running to the Carb.
  5. F

Hs50 stalls...

Ha, another thing I should’ve mentioned! No governor. I have been using the service manual. I keep it open on my phone. Head gasket leak fixed Valves lapped and lash set to 0.005”/0.005” No governor Carbs- 1 new knock off 1 cleaned and rebuilt Tecumseh, same results New gaskets...
  6. F

Hs50 stalls...

Tried another carb, same thing if not worse. I’m putting the first carb back on and calling a day. I still hope to fix it but for today it’s good enough.
  7. F

Hs50 stalls...

Head and valves are good. The carb is a new knock off. I just adjusted the float using an 11/64” bit and it’s better as in it doesn’t stall as often. It’s running well enough that it doesn’t bother me but I’ll pull the carb once more to double check the float level. The bottom of the fuel tank...
  8. F

Hs50 stalls...

The leak at the head is fixed, the valves have been lapped and both have 0.005” of lash. It has noticeably more power but still stalls when coming to a stop. When it doesn’t stall right away it idles super slow and a quick roll of the throttle kills it but if I roll it a few times the idles...
  9. F

Hs50 stalls...

I agree, (I should’ve mentioned that I put On new intake gaskets) I had this problem on another engine and wasn’t ever able to fix it. I did a few searches and wasn’t able to find anything. Maybe I used the wrong word(s)... I pulled the head and “flattened” both the block and head. This is just...
  10. F

Hs50 stalls...

Hs50 Bought as a project/ history unknown Aftermarket carb New air filter New head gasket/has a leak though Remote gas tank It runs well, seems to have plenty of power and for the most part idles fine. The problems happen as I come to a stop, worse if I come to a hard stop. If it doesn’t stall...
  11. F

End play?

Just wanted say that I got the engine running for the most part. Whatever amount of endplay I do or do not have seems to not be a problem. Now if I could just find a decent carb I could put this one on the shelf... Thanks again...
  12. F

End play?

I’m used to old worn out engines that go clip clap and run just well enough to make me feel like I didn’t waste my time and money on them. thanks everybody for the help...
  13. F

End play?

I bought it without any of the crankcase bolts, the crank cover pulled from the crank so the insides were all kinds of dirty. I pulled the cover off, removed the bearing from the cover, cleaned everything out, lubed and reassembled. I’ve only got 4 bolts holding the cover on right now so I may...
  14. F

End play?

Correct and right now the crank has virtually no end play. None that I can feel at least. It doesn’t feel bound or anything. I’m just not used to a crankshaft without end play.
  15. F

End play?

I picked up a project hs50 yesterday and it has a bearings on the pto. I haven’t messed with one before so I’m not sure if it there is supposed to crankshaft end play or not? It doesn’t seem like there could/should be with bearings but I don’t know enough...
  16. F

Need help with a HS30...

Yup, you got to recheck them after you tighten the screw.
  17. F

Need help with a HS30...

Ran out of time to edit my last post... Anyway, having already checked the point gap I zero out the dial indicator at tdc, remove all leads from the terminal post on the points (making sure to put the nut back on) and using the continuity setting on my multi meter I set the ignition to 0.065...
  18. F

Need help with a HS30...

I only have a pic of setting the timing. I‘ll get a pic of the engine this weekend. It’s at my house in NJ and half my weeks are spent in PA so I don’t have as much time as I’d like to have for it.
  19. F

Need help with a HS30...

Yup but I’ve got good gaskets on it so whatever’s going is further in... it was almost running right on my last go around. Getting it started was the biggest problem. I’ll have better info once I get the head bolt sorted.
  20. F

Need help with a HS30...

I finally got to mess with it a bit more... Markus, you are correct. I meant the tag on the shroud. I set some more time checking the points gap and setting the timing. Got it as close to 0.065” as I could and put a carb from a running engine on it. It wasn’t easy starting. It popped a few...