Search results

1. force

Modified Predator 212 - breaking valve springs

Took a while, but my buddy and I have finally got my motor sorted out (so far so good anyway): - Drilled out spring base in the head to handle the 36# springs, which have a larger diameter than 26# or lighter springs - Confirmed coil gap is > .060 min at full compression - Checked that spring...
  2. force

You are correct Delray, running a strong race is a lot more than a cam of course. I'm just being a bit of a simple neanderthal / Tim The Tool Man type here..."Big CAM, Big Power, <grunting noises> bwahahaha " :p I am running the driven springs for 3,300 RPM engagement, and for the most part do...
  3. force

Check that...two reasons....my buddy built his w/ the .356 and I'll be damned if I don't match him :) Edit: He is #207 in that video, just to my right. He came in 2nd, I came in 3rd, so I guess we both have work to do. I was running a Mod2 at the time.
  4. force

Interesting advice, but, I'm building this bike for one reason....first place:
  5. force

I ordered the spring seat cutter from OldMiniBikes so I can get the 36# springs installed. Might be on back order but I'll update once I get things back together.
  6. force

Baja Warrior Build

I ordered the spring seat cutter from OldMiniBikes so I can install the proper springs. Will update once I an get everything back together and the bike manages to run for more than 15 mins lol
  7. force

The first time it broke both intake and exhaust valve springs, but only bent the exhaust push rod Yesterday it broke just the exhaust valve spring and bent the exhaust rod again too Both times was < 6K RPM and bike had run fine for 15+ mins before happening, for whatever that is worth
  8. force

Push rods. But just the exhaust one.
  9. force

Yes you did mention a few things to watch out for, and here I am after not looking out for them lol. I looked into the machining tool for the right springs...$140 for that if I were to do it myself. Probably cheaper to find a local machinist that can do it. And possibly mill the head too...
  10. force

Thanks, I edited and rewrote my reply after I realized that must be what you meant. I will have to check once I get new springs in.
  11. force

Dyno cam. What do you mean by coil clearance? Do you mean the coil pickup on the flywheel? Or the gap between the valve spring coils at full compression? My coil pickup on the flywheel is 0.060, but I'm guessing that's not what you meant : ) I will have to measure the valve spring coil gaps...
  12. force

Valves are fine and move up / down no issue. The valve spring is breaking right about in the center, and bending the rod a bit I will have to take it apart a bit to check steepness FWIW, another buddy has almost the exact same build (same cams, valves, and springs) with two exceptions: He...
  13. force

Top Speed

Mine runs at 51 mph. The biggest issue now is lack of front brakes!
  14. force

For the 2nd time in a week I have broken my exhaust valve spring and bent the rod. Guessing my rod length is too long given my mods, but could use some input from the more experienced builders before I keep throwing money at the wrong solution. Here is the motor setup in my Baja Warrior: -...
  15. force

Baja Warrior Build

Yes except I did not manage to get the 36# springs in there, didn't have the tool to cut the base properly (the springs have a bigger diameter than stock). Ended up going with 26# springs instead as they fit However...I have a new problem. I keep bending rods and breaking my exhaust valve...
  16. force

Comet TAV2 30 / Predator 212 Pulley Alignment...???

Interesting. I have a legit Comet TAV2 (not a knock off), and the shims are not keyed
  17. force

No need to key anything, the spacers and shims belong on the inside, nowhere near the key way on the front (drive) pulley
  18. force

Sorry, didn't notice my typo. I meant the drive pulley / the pulley attached to the motor. I have the spacer + 2 shims to get it things lined up on my bike.
  19. force

Is this normal belt wear for a new torque Converter?

That looks like a normal amount of belt dust to me. The shed the most at the beginning I've found (I'm on my 3rd or 4th belt now)
  20. force

I had to add 2 shims to the driven pulley spacer on mine as well