Search results

1. C

Fresh and Clean

Either way, if it’s a Ford you’ve already won. I believe your choice of oil makes a big difference too. Guys out here runnin around with feul-injected, turbocharged, MSD and all, using WalMart Mystery oil.
  2. C

Fresh and Clean

Now you’re talking more my language. I used to build racing engines in a shop here in Baltimore. Had a 68 442 with the original Rocket 400 engine with the Ram-Air Induction scoops in the front grill. I’m far from being a novice when it comes to engines. Just posted my original question because I...
  3. C

Fresh and Clean

Gaskets and seals cost money. I.’most not a,mini bike collector bent on doing a perfect factory new rebuild. I have one old mine bike, I bought it at a flea market for my son long time ago for $25. Changed the plug, the oil, and air filter, and he used it for about two years. It’s been parked...
  4. C

MTD

Scraping the barrel right now. Overdue on everything. Just doing this rebuild to keep from going stir crazy. Last winter, when I was still working, I got new points, condenser, plug, breather assembly, air filter, and gaskets for the carb, manifold, and ignition cover. Just need the time, now...
  5. C

MTD

So, you still have this sprocket ? I have a sprocket on it, but I’m positive it isn’t original. It’s very heavy, solid(no holes), and looks like it came off some sort of machinery. I think someone put it on for larger diameter, so more torque at the wheel. I used to ride it like that, but...
  6. C

Fresh and Clean

Re: Fresh and clean... Thanks to all for your input. I probably will just fill with fresh oil, run until hot, then drain and refill again. I didn’t want to remove the side cover if I could avoid it. I’m sure it’s the original factory seal, so why take a chance on a possible future leak, even...
  7. C

Fresh and Clean

8. C

MTD

I’m new to this. What does bump mean ?
  9. C

Fresh and Clean

I have an old MTD Trail Flite, with a Tecumseh H-35. Hasn’t been run since 1981. Has been stored in my basement, out of the weather. Engine turns freely still. It was running great when I parked it, A litttle cleaning, oiling, and maybe a tune up will do. I have a question though. I plan on...
  10. C

Bike ID

I have an old mini bike that’s been in my house for about thirty some years. Bought it at a flea market long ago. It’s been disassembled for a long time, and I’m trying to put it all back together and bring it to life. Working on a low budget, just wanna ride it. No custom paint jobs, no high...
  11. C

Lost the book

I’m gonna get some pictures together in a day or two. I think it might be an MTD, but the engine clearly has a Craftsman number. May not be the original. Plus, the wheel sprocket looks like someone made it to fit. It uses #41 chain. It’s been sitting for thirty five years, and I’m resurrecting...
  12. C

Lost the book

No, actually it’s black. The mini bike has no markings to tell me what it is, but the engine number is a Craftsman number. At the moment, it is all in pieces, so a picture wouldn’t do much. It has a very odd looking clutch, at least to me, and I’m trying to ID the frame. Where should I look for...
  13. C

Lost the book

Found it. Thanks again.
  14. C

Lost the book

I’ll look for it there then. Thanks.
  15. C

Lost the book

Hello. I have a Craftsman/Tecumseh H35 from the early seventies. One of you experts sent me a link to download the Tecumseh Service Manual for these type engines, I think it said 3-11 hp. My laptop died, and now I don’t have the link anymore. Can someone please send it to me again ? Greatly...
  16. C

Wiped Clean

I may check the timing again, if I can find my Dial indicator. I was reading the procedure in the manual, seems pretty simple. I have some white lithium, but it’s in a spray form.
  17. C

Wiped Clean

I have some hi-temp red grease for wheel bearings. That should work then ?
  18. C

Wiped Clean

It may not be as critical on small engines. I used to be an auto tech. Not your regular dealership hack, I built racing engines at a speed shop. Most points were replaced by electronic ignition, MSD, or a mag. For stock engines, when you bought a new set of points, they came with a little red...
  19. C

Wiped Clean

I misworded that, sorry. I was trying to quote you on Do Not Re-Oil. I got that, I found it in the manual. I was talking about initial installation. The new one I got is dry. It’s supposed to have a small amount of lubricant on it, so it keeps the breaker cam lubed. Otherwise the points rubbing...
  20. C

Wiped Clean

Okay, that says re-oil. I have a brand new felt, it comes dry. Now I’m not sure either way. Thanks for the info, I think I have the manual online. Never thought to look in there, duh. I forgot, somebody sent it to me a few weeks ago.