Search results

1. MotorKing150

Vanguard V twin engine modded for minibike

You have a good point there. How about this one? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=173569048794
  2. MotorKing150

Well I'm trying to find something really really cheap.
  3. MotorKing150

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=113311401380 This one seems good. It has a 4 spd trans which would work. It doesnt run but that doesnt matter.
  4. MotorKing150

Ok. So how exactly would I go about modifying it to accept drive power by an external engine such as a Vanguard V twin?
  5. MotorKing150

So...can you still leave the crank intact or do you have to replace it with a solid shaft?
  6. MotorKing150

This was my original plan: find a seized chinese atv engine/trans assembly, modify the crank to take a sprocket, then run a chain from the manual clutch on the V twin to the trans.
  7. MotorKing150

I would have reason to believe that the engine and clutch integration is quite expensive. The whole point of this build is to do it as cheaply as possible and still keep it safe.
  8. MotorKing150

Well...I have to say I am learning from my mistakes. The front fork snapped yesterday at the pivot. So yes I am reexamining this whole project. And I don't know of any other manual clutch made for powersports application besides the 3D clutch. I don't like the idea of using a CVT just because I...
  9. MotorKing150

Thanks Delray. I will keep you posted. I won't be doing this any time soon, however. I can't even afford the motor yet so...
  10. MotorKing150

The whole point though is that I want a manual clutch so that I can have the top end power and traditionalism.
  11. MotorKing150

See...the Vanguard V twin is rated to 3600rpm...so...I don't think a CVT would work.
  12. MotorKing150

See...I am trying to get this thing to be road legal. Therefore, a torque converter is not going to be enough. So I was going to use the manual clutch with a modified chinese atv engine/trans for the gears.
  13. MotorKing150

Would it be worth trying?
  14. MotorKing150

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone here has dealt with v twins for their builds. If you could share your ideas that would be greatly appreciated. I want to use one on my Delta 163RX. I was wanting to use it with a 3D Manual Clutch but the shaft requirements are 3/4 inch whereas the crank...
  15. MotorKing150

Ok guys so...the minibike build has progressed. If you guys want constant updates, please...

Ok guys so...the minibike build has progressed. If you guys want constant updates, please checkout my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbNMizlhUjS4ZyT4NhCpNtg I'll try to post on here as well but I'm limited when it comes to time.
  16. MotorKing150

Hey guys. So I still have that flathead engine for sale and no one has claimed it yet. But other...

Hey guys. So I still have that flathead engine for sale and no one has claimed it yet. But other than that...life's going great in this New Year so far.
  17. MotorKing150

Wanted- Good working carb for a 5hp Briggs.

I may have what you're looking for.
  18. MotorKing150

Briggs & Stratton 5hp flathead engine for sale! (Needs to go ASAP)

Well see I have 2 gas tank/carb assemblies. One set is on the motor and is in good condition and the other set is in bad shape. I also have like 3 or 4 magnetos.