Search results

1. kayde

Tec flywheel id

With the recent talk of these I figured now is a good time too ask. I see no part numbers on it anywhere, can anyone guess what it fits I've tried it on a hs50 and it seems too fit very nice and snug.
  2. kayde

Arco question

I'm curious as to what stickers would've been on this bike. Thinking I've seen similar arcos labeled as bushwacker or buccaneer. Heres its been called a 352x https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/not-too-sure.174360/ My search skills are terrible, I shoulda asked way back in that...
  3. kayde

Arco project

Hey peps, figured I would share this small resurrection and just try to achieve a mechanically functional bike. Guessing that's another way of saying budget bike. I spied this at a swap meet a few yrs ago. A suspended 10" wheel torque converter bike with what looked like mostly oe equipment...
  4. kayde

Scored a bonanza

I havent seen many of these around here but when this came up I jumped on it quick with out hesitation. I'm thinking this one moves rite too the front of the project line. Can anyone tell me exactly what my $60 bought me besides a bonanza made in san Jose. Can the bike be dated by the...
  5. kayde

Not too sure

If this is a motor swap or if this bike is a true arco. Seems odd there is no front suspension but it has rear sus. Cant say I'm familiar with this style shock or recoil handle. Stoked I found such a complete bike for the price of a happy meal. Anyone date the tec for me.
  6. kayde

Cool old stickers

Havent seen these in a long time, figured I would share.
  7. kayde

Plastic mtd fuel tank

Is there any other way around these tank grommets. It appears like the seam doesn't let the grommet seal the hole completely and i keep getting a minor drip. I've tried two different brand grommets one was a bit harder than the other they were both new and two different barbs.
  8. kayde

Mtd 750

Heres the latest project I brought home a while ago. Found on marketplace the ad only showed a terrible pic of the roller. It was a bit of a ride too the sellers place and my ideas and thoughts for the project were running wild. Upon arrival at the sellers i was surprised to see there was a...
  9. kayde

Mtd front brake?

This is a front brake from a 12" wheel mtd. The one brake shoe casting is different from the other at the flat end that contacts the actuator. The difference let's the actuator pivot with no pad movement. Pics show the difference Anyone know if that is correct? I'm I assumeing because...
  10. kayde

Sebac shocks

Just wanted too share how I removed the bottom eye on these nasty rusty crusty shocks without any tube damage. I read a bunch on how others tore these down And one of the few tools I dont have is a strap wrench so I had too improvise. I had this old beat up an frayed lift sling laying around...
  11. kayde

Whirlwind project

Hey guys it's been awhile but I figured I would share my recent project. For starters I've sold off my rupp scrambler and t555 but still have my super bronc . Sometimes it gets lonely riding alone so when this little ken bar whirlwind roller popped up for sale locally a few weeks ago my best...
  12. kayde

Tec filler cap/ dipstick

Anyone know if the plastic top can be removed off this dipstick? The black oil cap has the hole that appears to be the correct size for the stick. I'm guessing the stick is knurled and pressed into the cap Askin before i break it lol
  13. kayde

Painting a gas tank

I was lookin for a way too hang and paint my rupp tank and get full coverage even through the tank mount holes. I needed to too spray it outside and move it indoors too dry and do it multiple times between color and clear coats obviously without touching it. One thing ive learned over the...
  14. kayde

Hs50 head swap questions

Im thinking on swapping a hs40 head onto a hs50 motor i have installed on my scrambler. Even though it already runs great aren't we always looking for more. Before pulling anything apart i figured i should ask. Does this work? Does the 40 head have a smaller chamber than the 50? Will it...
  15. kayde

My running derelicts

Not too often i have a few out at a time figured a few pics were nessacary just too share. None of these are restored or completely original so i dont worry about scratches or getting them dirty as thats how i like too put them together as riders. Of course there are a few others projects in...
  16. kayde

What is it

I found a rough almost bare mini frame almost identical to the pic. No idea what it is and would like some info before i pick it up. The upper part of the frame is bolted together by the axle(like the pic) and the lower bolts onto a welded tab at the neck. Thanks for any info
  17. kayde

Hm 80 recoil

The hm80 recoil on my super bronc crapped out on me awhile ago. To save the ride that day i found that newer style briggs recoils fit and work rather well. Slightly embrassing and very ugly but it worked. I finally put a oe working tec recoil back on but not before i snapped a pic.
  18. kayde

Inline brake light switch

Ive seen two differnt types of these brake switches that slide over the brake cable and are actived by the squeezeing of the cable. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=323195547919 Just like the small black switch on my...
  19. kayde

My 72 scrambler

Heres is my scrambler i picked up 2 yrs ago. Its been awhile but finally all cleaned up and running now. I need a new belt as this original rupp belt is worn and i dont see any #'s on anymore. The drive system is all oe symeterical rupp stuff. Anyone cross ref rupp belts to another brand...
  20. kayde

Anyone out riding in the snow?

My oldest boy took off an came back to say the plowed roads were way too slick too ride that nite. I hopped on and dumped it in my first ten feet in the alley. Got up shook it off and took off for the feilds. Out in the feilds was a blast. The hm80 plowed through the fresh powder as it rolled...