Search results

1. BingCrosby

OHH vs OHSK vs OH195...does it interchange?

So I have an OHSK70 which I was intending to convert to a mini bike motor. As I understand, Tecumseh carried the OHSK70 over to the new naming convention in 2004 as the OH195SA. Before I go blow a wad of cash on OH195SA parts for an OHSK70, these are the same engine, right? At least some parts...
  2. BingCrosby

Aggie re-restoration

Once upon a time I flocked to this site to ask questions and show off my Aggie 97 mini bike. Well it's been 5 years and the stuff I did not do to it that I should have are eating away at my soul. Here is the beginning, the completion of my restoration in high school. The white/blue color...
  3. BingCrosby

Aggie 97 restore questions

I'm currently in the process of re-doing my high school "restoration" of my Aggie 97. One thing I couldn't do then that I want to do right is remove the booger'd-up fork stud bolt. It was held on by two nuts (I thought!!) but removal of both and significant beating did not remove it. Is this a...
  4. BingCrosby

eBay Custom Frame Bike

No frame... yet... it’s on the way.
  5. BingCrosby

Tecumseh 3 Horse build

I'm not the seller. Figured one of you guys could give some input on this. Tec 3 or 3.5 horsepower engine with a Dellorto carburetor. Apparently runs. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=164020627674
  6. BingCrosby

2 Speed Experimentation

I'm trying to recreate the Comet style of 2-speed clutch with the dual-sprocket clutch on the engine, and sprag gear-clutch on the jackshaft. For starters, the sprag gear system looks like it could be recreated with parts from Electric Scooter Parts, with adapter FWM-ADAPTER8, freewheel...
  7. BingCrosby

H35 Steel-to-Aluminum Flywheel

Could a Tecumseh #610781 flywheel fit on a H35 with a steel flywheel? And in doing so, do I have to convert the shroud from the more square style (which is currently on my motor) to the rounded pre-1973 shroud with the 590416 pull start cup (as is necessary when converting an HS50 to the 32517...
  8. BingCrosby

HS50 Slowly Revving At Idle

Hey there OldMiniBikes, I have an HS50 (67089A, electronic ignition) that seems to be slowly speeding up at idle. It has an eBay carb on it, specifically the one in this kit. On 1/3 choke, the engine plugs along fine, but upon releasing the choke, the engine begins to speed up. Ill be honest; I haven't...
  9. BingCrosby

Tecumseh Billet Flywheel?

I found (on ARC's website) several billet flywheels meant for Tecumseh engines. Two are for the TVM195/TVM220 (here and here) and one is for the vertical shaft V-Twin engines (here). I assume the V-Twin flywheel is unuseable on a single cylinder engine. Is the taper on the TVM195/220 similar to...
  10. BingCrosby

HS50 Build

Yessir... a Tecumseh build montage. My grandfather's (may he rest in peace) mini bike had an HS40 on it, and after being gifted a near-new GX160 the well-worn Tec motor was shoved to the side. I was planning on restoring the pitted, ancient engine when another post was talking about built...
  11. BingCrosby

Aggie!

I was directed to this site from Reddit, and so far, I'm impressed! I have an Aggie 97 which was bought for my uncle in 1970 for his 8th grade graduation. It was used until about 1979, when the spark plug blew out of the top of the Tecumseh engine (my grandfather apparently used an incorrectly...