Search results

1. R

valve guide reamer

Thanks for the info , guess it is time to buy some more tools.
  2. R

valve guide reamer

I'll admit I was just going to do the valves, piston ,cylinders, gaskets seals and hope for the best. I suppose when you say mic everything you are referring to the crankshaft and journals ?
  3. R

valve guide reamer

Thanks , I did order an off brand but like you said I would prefer the Tecumseh , can't say I ever reamed anything before so will be a new experience , worst case I seen some have replaced the guides .
  4. R

valve guide reamer

I found a high speed steel reamer .281" for cast iron does anyone know if this would be the correct reamer for my hs 40 oversized valves ?
  5. R

valve guide reamer

Anything that would work i would be happy with . I shall try to find something .
  6. R

valve guide reamer

looking to purchase TEC valve guide reamer #670283, please let me know if you have one you would like to sell. I purchased oversized valves and the reamer only to be notified they didn't have any reamers left .
  7. R

roadster2 partially reassembled

Just missing one small thing, attempting to rebuild HS40 correct engine , had to order oversize valves, pistons and most everything else, hoping crankshaft is good enough and block isn't to worn , just a backyard mechanic here so probably will be asking for help during reassembly.
  8. R

hs40 flywheel and lighting coil

This is a picture of HS50 lighted flywheel , has the same magneto alternator but much heavier just has a 3 stamped on it.
  9. R

hs40 flywheel and lighting coil

This is what I have on my HS40
  10. R

HS40 rebuild

This is what I bought 1972 HS40 55388C here is a few pics of what i started with and where I am at . Just ordered a bunch of new parts then i still need to figure out if I need a complete rebore or if I can get away with honing and and new piston and rings . same with valves seems a bit sloppy...
  11. R

HS40 lighted flywheel

My flywheel has worn where the starter cup engages, has anyone ever had one of these repaired , I thought it was aluminum but when I took it to the welder he said it was magnesium and couldn't be welded. He said we may be able to weld something on to starter cup to make it work but i would...
  12. R

Hs40...

Can you send me photos and give me the serial numbers ?
  13. R

Hs40...

I am looking for one for a 1972 Roadster2 would the block be the same as mine ?
  14. R

HS40-55388C Carburetor?

Thanks
  15. R

HS40-55388C Carburetor?

Markus , on the float bowl shaft is there supposed to be a spring , in the parts diagram it shows one but they don't offer it for sale , they also show a spring and two washers on the choke shaft ?
  16. R

HS40-55388C Carburetor?

Wish I had started this rebuild 20 years ago when i bought it , parts would have been so much easier to come by, lol.
  17. R

HS40-55388C Carburetor?

I will probably put a bushing in it, may as well do it correctly sure don't want oil leaking especially after putting so much time into cleaning every bolt and nut on my bike . I did get it sandblasted last night, guess I will look for someone to hone the cylinder then decide next course of...
  18. R

HS40-55388C Carburetor?

I did see your other post regarding governor shaft , Mine doesn't not to seem nearly that bad as one in photo , I will purchase new shaft then decide if i need to go with bushing. Thanks again.
  19. R

HS40-55388C Carburetor?

The governor shaft does have play , I'm guessing that putting a new bushing in the block would require precision drilling , i only have hand tools ?
  20. R

HS40-55388C Carburetor?

Dang , I wish you didn't know so much I would have had this done in no time and not working , yes I can feel the play in the throttle shaft, I do have some experience rebuilding just not such an old carb, luckily I did pick up some cleaning tips this past summer. I will get the shaft ordered and...