Search results

1. RogerA

Skat kitty paint code?

Only my opinion, but I think a simple "fleet" red would be correct. On these older engines and minis, I think they used simple, easily available parts and paint colors. Or maybe a tractor red color? Like a Massey Ferguson or International Harvester red would be good?
  2. RogerA

Argyle Scooter Cub Update #4

I have 1/8” numbers (the ones I used), 3/32” numbers, and 1/16“ numbers, and a few odd sized letters. If those work on your Bonanza badge, I’ll be glad to stamp it for you. Thanks.
  3. RogerA

Thank you very much. I did a bunch of test stamps in scrap aluminum to get it just right. Here is an original tag. It’s very close.
  4. RogerA

Wanted to update everyone on the progress I’ve made on the ID/vin plate I had made. Plate was an excellent reproduction of the original. I wanted to stamp in the model and serial numbers as close to original as possible. After much research on size and type of letters, I searched to find a...
  5. RogerA

eBay "Scat Kitty" Skat Kitty sale? Sold to someone here?

It brought $1775. Anyone here buy it? THANKS! https://www.ebay.com/itm/203776813183?hash=item2f720b687f:g:xZYAAOSwZf9hzzzs
  6. RogerA

His address is Mike Guffey 619 South Walnut Street Hartford City Indiana 47348

His address is Mike Guffey 619 South Walnut Street Hartford City Indiana 47348
  7. RogerA

I only have one, and I'm going to use it. The photo of the several Clinton Panther engines...

I only have one, and I'm going to use it. The photo of the several Clinton Panther engines, belongs to Mike Guffey in Hartford City Indiana Im sure he would sell you one. Text him at 765-717-0385
  8. RogerA

Adjusting a Clinton Panther 500 with LMB carb, driving me crazy.

What I have together so far. I do have a correct muffler on it now.
  9. RogerA

Now that I have it running, I think it just needs to run and “break in”. This engine was NOS. Never had gas in it or ran. It was stored in a warehouse with about 20 other new Clinton panther motors, all out of the box. Been sitting on a shelf since the mid 60’s. The out side looked bad...
  10. RogerA

The factory settings were a little fat at 1 1/2 turns, but adjusted down to about 3/4 turn, it runs fine. Thanks for asking.
  11. RogerA

Di Blasi R7 Folding Motor Bike

Folding Dinky Cycle from the early 1960's. Also sold as the Argyle Scooter Cub, and the JoyRide.
  12. RogerA

Does anyone make Powell Challenger repop parts?

Check out Evan Ruble on facebook. He manufactures all kinds of mini bike parts including the RCF Micro Mini Bike. He also has several Powell minis and makes some parts for them. I'm sure he could help you.
  13. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter Update #3

The tag came out great! Here are the photos I sent. Along with the dimensions, they made a super reproduction. A fellow Argyle Scooter Cub owner sent me a photo of the tag on his Cub. THANKS Todd Chapman
  14. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter Update #3

Not much new to show. Have not been able to do much. I was out part of September and the whole month of October with Covid. Three trips to Doctor and one to Emergency Room, on oxygen at home for three weeks 24 and 7, and a week at night to sleep, but I'm ok now. Just have to get back my...
  15. RogerA

Photo of it. It’s on my 1960 Argyle Scooter Cub.
  16. RogerA

The is an NOS Clinton Panther from the mid 60's. Has been in dry storage this whole time. Never had gas in it or a bolt turned on it. I've cut back the main jet to 3/4 turn and it is running much better. I just need to let it run in and adjust it finer I guess? THANKS!
  17. RogerA

Yes, spark is good and strong, it's not the problem It starts first pull. Just runs crappy.
  18. RogerA

Having not worked on two strokes for many years, like the 70's, anyone have any tips? Manual calls for 1 1/4 on main and 1 1/4 on air screw. It starts and runs but that's it. No acceleration and lots of blue smoke Gas mixture is good and fresh. Too rich I'm guessing, so ill start there...
  19. RogerA

B.A.T. is rocking this week

NICE Skat Kitty, but crazy money!