Search results

1. N

Kick starters... not just for Tecumseh anymore!

Many, many years ago (early 1970's) I once had a Lauson engine like yours. I was probably about 10 or 11 and it was my first engine. I displayed it as my 4H project (Small engine and Tractor group) at Devonshire Downs fair grounds in Chatsworth, California. I remember getting a trophy and a...
  2. N

A-cat battery module

That makes sense.
  3. N

A-cat battery module

If you are using hand brake levers for the front and rear brakes, there are Honda 7/8" CB CA lever assemblies that have a switch built into both sides. I just ordered a pair on eBay and the item number is: 175333490575. I am not sure of the contact configuration whether they are normally open or...
  4. N

Reuniting w/ my 52yr old Cat 400X

Thanks, another project for another day after I get through all my "other" projects! lol
  5. N

My 1970 400X I bought a few years ago on CL.
  6. N

I believe that is a 1969 400X. The frame looks gold colored and the engine mounting plate appears to be shorter from the factory, also it has a Briggs on it. In 1970 the color was candy apple red, longer engine plate? and Tecumseh engine.
  7. N

Looks like it has a later engine shroud, possibly an HS50?
  8. N

New Rupp fenders

Awesome, I am glad to see you are reproducing them! Thanks!
  9. N

New Rupp fenders

I am interested in the 12" rear fender. Let me know how to proceed. Thanks
  10. N

Still don't know what this is.

Looks like a Terra Hilltopper. Look up Kartman01 postings to see his restoration of one. He did an awesome job. https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/terra-trailtopper-restoration-complete.178370/#post-1311002 Scroll down to the middle of his posting to see it.
  11. N

Terra Trailtopper Restoration Complete!

Awesome, thanks, and enjoy your "new" ride!
  12. N

Terra Trailtopper Restoration Complete!

Wow your Hilltopper bike looks great. I am sure happy you bought it from me. I don't know if I would have ever gotten around to restoring it and especially as well as you did. Who did your chroming? Here are some NOS parts on eBay you might be interested...
  13. N

Springer Fork Extension Idea

Looks like a simple and elegant solution!
  14. N

Fox Thunderbolt?

Fox Thunderbolt minus engine mounting plate. The rear sprocket is smaller than the stock original one so I wonder if he had a small motorcycle engine with a gear box mounted to it?
  15. N

Fox Thunderbolt?

Fox Thunderbolt minus engine mounting plate.
  16. N

Bonanza

Also on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/125743258732?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=6ae735861add482ea89b0ab762a83644&bu=43091182748&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20230130031312&segname=11021
  17. N

New bike with vintage flair

Awesome and thank you!
  18. N

New bike with vintage flair

Where did you get the forks? Thanks.
  19. N

Unknown Frame

I bought one a few years back and paid a lot more than $25 for it, but it did come with the original Tecumseh HS50 w/lighting coil. So nice score! If you want to go the traditional route a HS50 from a snow blower or somebody on this site might have a decent motor, otherwise there is plenty of...
  20. N

Help With Torque Converter Set Up

No problem, glad I could help. Let me know how it works out for you.