Search results

1. IBubaGumpI

Clone Crank in Ducar/Tillotson 212

She is alive! It took some time and a river trip but all is back together and I've got a few hours on her. Not a lick of smoke and it sounds great! There were a few steps I skipped in the rebuild like piston to valve clearance and ring gap so I was a bit nervous that first pull. Much more power...
  2. IBubaGumpI

Yes sir it was a hemi. I promised my gf I wouldn't work on my toys until I got a proper camera to record so I did and this is a short clip of the tear down.
  3. IBubaGumpI

Making some progress finally... Gave the 208 a good bath and pulled all apart. I gotta old clone head (jt-123) to go along with the build. Waiting on a couple small tools in the mail and I'll start putting her back together.
  4. IBubaGumpI

anyone still running the front headlight on there modified engines?

It's a clone motor on a mini that has the 2 coils behind the flywheel. If I can charge a small battery that I can run LEDs and a 12v charge port off of then that'd be pretty cool...
  5. IBubaGumpI

anyone still running the front headlight on there modified engines?

I've been running a halogen on mine. Doesn't mind the AC voltage I guess.. I like the dull orange glow it has at idle. Ill wear a nice 18650 powered led headlamp that I have mounted to a helmet that is waaay brighter. It not so prone to die from vibration like some of the handle mount types...
  6. IBubaGumpI

Sounds like grinding rocks at low speeds, then hums.

It's the sleeve that the axle bolt goes through. I had to pull a bearing to get it out and greased it up. My main rattle was and every once in a while is the chain being too loose. The predator is so strong that not matter how tight I get the motor it always will loosen after riding a couple...
  7. IBubaGumpI

Sounds like grinding rocks at low speeds, then hums.

I have your exact mash up of Murray and predator. I shoehorned the predator on her and used the original clutch for a little while until the springs in it went by the wayside. Check your chain tightness. When it's a little loose that chain will rub the drum of the clutch and make some racket...
  8. IBubaGumpI

Got some parts in the mail. Flat top 70mm bore piston, .020 over clone connecting rod, Black Mamba Jr cam, some gaskets, thick and thin head gaskets, some mikuni and keihin jets, a nice fresh set of feeler guages, and some jet drill bits. This is the Ol' Mud Scooter with the tillotson 212 still...
  9. IBubaGumpI

Sprocket sizes VS speed

I run a 10 front 72 rear on my Murray fast track. I like that it can carry me over a levee if need be. If your looking for hill climbing power and 50mph get a 30 series
  10. IBubaGumpI

I imagine getting my compression up will be the key to getting my off the line power back. So I'm thinking this motor will go on my bench this weekend and I'll start tearing her down. I'm eager to put this black mamba Jr cam in her but I want to make sure it's ready for it. I'll put one of my...
  11. IBubaGumpI

PZ27 carburetor jets....

I too have a brand new pz27 and curious about any advantages of it over a 22 mikuni in a tillotson212r build with black mamba Jr cam? The pz27 uses keihin pilot jets and my mikuni main jets seems to fit.
  12. IBubaGumpI

Good day all. New member and rather uneducated with these small motors so here's my thing... Tillotson 212E on an old mb200 (I think) frame with a China 30 series. I took the long shaft crank and flywheel out of the old clone motor and put it in the 212 block. I did this for the extra crank...