Search results

1. mlbillow

What's it worth? Early model 1972 Arctic Cat Prowler

I haven’t been very active on here to know that. Sorry for asking if it it taboo…
  2. mlbillow

What's it worth? Early model 1972 Arctic Cat Prowler

I have an early 1972 build Arctic Cat Prowler. It has the original recoil and still runs however is missing part of the tail part of the exhaust and rear fender. I am looking for replacement parts now but am considering selling it or trading it for a snowmobile. Does anyone know what it might...
  3. mlbillow

Front fork grease / lube

I noticed mine does have nylon inserts in there already but are different from the ones you posted as mine doesn't have internal springs and the inserts are not as long as what these are. After looking more at it, I assume they don't need any lubrication....polished chrome against the nylon...
  4. mlbillow

Front fork grease / lube

I am restoring a 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler and am currently working on the front forks. I took them off, removed rust and am about to reassemble but not sure how to lubricator the front forks. What was there was so thick and dirty I couldn’t determine what was originally used. What have others...
  5. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

Here are pics of the jet. One side has 1517 and the other side appears to be a bing logo.
  6. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

The problem is I don’t know what keys to get as mine is labeled 1517 but all the ones I find are usually two digit numbers. According to parts list for this bike, it should have had a 1717 but don’t know if that is bigger / smaller than the 1517 currently in it. I can’t seem to find any detail...
  7. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

I will switch to higher octane fuel today!
  8. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

My main / needle jet says 1517, but any jets I see out there for replacement are 2 digit like 40-90.....not a 4digit number like mine. Did this numbering change? I see the Sachs manual references a 1717 jet but mine has a 1517. Not sure the diff or where I can get a 1717 to test (or comparable...
  9. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

Plug gap is .024 per manual.
  10. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

The carb is a bing 1/12/1670 with a 1517 needle jet, a 62 idle jet and a 14 slide.
  11. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

Joe, it seems to only happen WOT and goes away when I back off the throttle. It’s a 12mm bing carb...will have to check what model and jets are in it.
  12. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

What does it mean to flatten up the jetting? I’m new to 2 cycle engines like this. It seems to happen when hot. Here is a pic of the plug. I have also had the spark plug gap bridged after about 3-5 minutes of riding.
  13. mlbillow

Flush crankcase with kerosene?

Ok , thanks. I flushed with kerosene and seemed to work great.
  14. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

Anyone have an idea what this sound is? I just replaced the cylinder, head and piston/rings on a Sachs 50 motor on my 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler. It made this sound when I had a bad / broken ring on the old piston. It r7ns much better and has much better compression but makes this sound at high...
  15. mlbillow

Flush crankcase with kerosene?

I am about to replace the cylinder and piston on a Sachs 50 motor after breaking a ring. The guy I got the parts from (Bob Fragoman) said to flush the crankcase with kerosene. Has anyone done this before? Do I need to lube it back up with 2 cycle oil afterwards?
  16. mlbillow

Does this baffle do much?

Ok, thanks. I didn't know if it affected performance or just sound.
  17. mlbillow

Does this baffle do much?

In cleaning up an old Arctic Cat minibike, i see it has a baffle like this in the muffler. Does it do much? Is it worth keeping or better to remove?
  18. mlbillow

Inline brake light switch

ok, thanks!
  19. mlbillow

So the outside sleeve is cut with this in between? I couldn't figure out how the two contacts moved when the brake was applied.
  20. mlbillow

Any idea how they are installed / work?