Search results

1. mlbillow

What's it worth? Early model 1972 Arctic Cat Prowler

I have an early 1972 build Arctic Cat Prowler. It has the original recoil and still runs however is missing part of the tail part of the exhaust and rear fender. I am looking for replacement parts now but am considering selling it or trading it for a snowmobile. Does anyone know what it might...
  2. mlbillow

Front fork grease / lube

I am restoring a 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler and am currently working on the front forks. I took them off, removed rust and am about to reassemble but not sure how to lubricator the front forks. What was there was so thick and dirty I couldn’t determine what was originally used. What have others...
  3. mlbillow

Weird sound at high rpm

Anyone have an idea what this sound is? I just replaced the cylinder, head and piston/rings on a Sachs 50 motor on my 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler. It made this sound when I had a bad / broken ring on the old piston. It r7ns much better and has much better compression but makes this sound at high...
  4. mlbillow

Flush crankcase with kerosene?

I am about to replace the cylinder and piston on a Sachs 50 motor after breaking a ring. The guy I got the parts from (Bob Fragoman) said to flush the crankcase with kerosene. Has anyone done this before? Do I need to lube it back up with 2 cycle oil afterwards?
  5. mlbillow

Does this baffle do much?

In cleaning up an old Arctic Cat minibike, i see it has a baffle like this in the muffler. Does it do much? Is it worth keeping or better to remove?
  6. mlbillow

1971 Prowler Muffler Heat Shield

Looking for an muffler heat shield for my 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler. Part number 2331-001
  7. mlbillow

Sachs 50/MA compression

I did a compression test today of my 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler with the Sachs 47 cc engine and am getting about 90-95 psi.....only thing is I don't know what it should be! I have seen some say 85-90 might indicate a worn engine, others seemed like 90 was "ok" but yet other say 140-150 is ideal...
  8. mlbillow

Wanted: Parts list for 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler

I would like to restore my childhood mini bike, a 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler. I think it is all original but a few items are in pretty bad shape and want to get the correct parts. Also, not sure what spark plug or oil mixture to use.
  9. mlbillow

Sachs 50/MA ABE X - Which Spark Plug to use?

I just acquired a 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler with a Sachs 50 engine. It had an AC 45 spark plug in but not sure if that was the correct spark plug to use? Also, not sure what the gap should be or what the oil mixture should be. Anyone have info on the 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler?