Search results

1. WillyBoy4343

Anyone got ideas?

I just happen to have some nice wheels on hand that I’d really like to use for my project but the bearings are 5/8 so I decided I’m gonna go with them, just a little frame modification and drilling out to 5/8 on the forks
  2. WillyBoy4343

Anyone got ideas?

Yeah just an expensive path to go down, I really wish there was a way to salvage the current setup but I don’t see any way
  3. WillyBoy4343

Anyone got ideas?

I’m wondering if there’s enough material on the pw forks to be drilled out to 5/8, it’d probably be cutting it close and might be a little sketch
  4. WillyBoy4343

Anyone got ideas?

You think pw lowers would work? I’d have to bore out the axle holes but if the tubes are 1” they should slide right in
  5. WillyBoy4343

Anyone got ideas?

So in my last thread I asked for help with the suspension and I’ve realized that it’s kind of far gone and even if I did get the mounts to fit it’s still scratchy and not what I’m going for. I may get some comments on what I plan to do here but I was wondering if anyone would know where I could...
  6. WillyBoy4343

MTD Columbia build issues Please help

Pulled a piece of steel off a shelf might try a little fabrication and see if I can replicate that piece and if that doesn’t work then I’m gonna find some real suspension for this puppy
  7. WillyBoy4343

It seems as though that or sourcing discontinued Baja arms are gonna have to be the road to take..
  8. WillyBoy4343

There’s barely any thread at all for some reason, definitely not enough to reach
  9. WillyBoy4343

I figured that, I did some smithing and got that straight and just the top bent at a 90 but unfortunately there isn’t enough thread to reach through the top of the fork assembly and take a nut so that’s why I’m looking into “making an upgrade”
  10. WillyBoy4343

Thanks for the tip, do you know if there’s any aftermarket fork arms being made that would fit because it’s hard to source parts and I’m doing this project for a fun rip around and not a restoration. I’m pretty sure Baja warrior arms work as they have the same 1” diameter but those are hard to...
  11. WillyBoy4343

I would appreciate any help
  12. WillyBoy4343

Hey guys I’ve just got into the older mini bikes scene and decided to pick up an old MTD Columbia bike, don’t know too much about it but I have some questions. So in the first picture is the top I’m assuming of one of the front fork arms and I can’t quite figure out what that bent piece on the...