Search results

1. Twinjetguy

Update on my 3.5 Briggs build

Hey guys, been awhile since I have posted. I have been very busy with my 3.5 build! So this was the complete block that came with my mini bike. Upon first look, I figured it was junk. The owner assured me that it had maybe 30 minutes total run time. I took the thing apart and he was not kidding...
  2. Twinjetguy

Made custom number plates for my Cat Project!

Hey guys, Just wanted to share a update on the Cat. Finally found some vinyl checker board sticker sheets to add some highlights to the seat. Also ordered some number plates and cut them down to a size I wanted. Pretty happy with how things came out! This is what I was picturing in my head...
  3. Twinjetguy

Scored a Briggs for my Cat project.

So when I bought my Cat mini bike recently, it came with a 3hp B&S that looked like hell. It was missing the carb, air cleaner, gas tank and side cover. Talked with the previous owner a bit more and he told me that motor maybe had 30 minutes on it tops. Took it apart to inspect and he was right...
  4. Twinjetguy

Need some info on vintage Briggs motors.

Hey guys, I need your help. You may have recently seen the Cat roller I recently bought. I would like to find a period correct Briggs motor for it. Pretty sure these originally came with a 3hp? I was told to go with the 5hp because there are more parts available for them and the 3hp will...
  5. Twinjetguy

Stoked! Refurbished Clutches!

I know all of you have probably done this a bunch of times but this was a first for me. I have purchased 2 mini bike projects in the last few months. One Nova and recently a Cat. Both of them had Max Torque clutches on them. One looked "decent" and the latest one looked like it was on the...
  6. Twinjetguy

New Cat project! Any info is welcome!

Hey guys, I picked up another mini bike project this weekend. I know is is a Cat brand, i am told it is a Muskin? Don't really know. Anyway, on to the details.... Previous owner powder coated the frame/forks/wheels/sprocket, installed new tires/tubes/bearings, and had a custom seat made for...
  7. Twinjetguy

Cat with a sloppy fit steering head

Hey guys, I just picked up a Cat rolling chassis. The thing is in really nice condition also! The steering neck has a bit of a sloppy fit between it and the bolt. Is this normal on these? Is there anyway to shim it? All advice is welcome! Thank you. Ryan
  8. Twinjetguy

Need advice on Clutch Brakes

Hey guys, I need some advice here. I want to know how good a band brake on the clutch works. I am considering cutting off the foot/scrub brake and only using a clutch brake. How well do these work? Is this a bad idea? By cutting off the foot brake this will allow me to lengthen the frame a...
  9. Twinjetguy

New member in Oceanside CA, anyone close to me?

Hey guy, As the title says. I am a new member and I live in Oceanside. New to minibikes, but not new to motorcycles. I have a project I am working on. Would love to see some more projects in person, talk with people, pick some brains, and take some measurements on parts. I picked up a Nova...