Search results

1. W

Predator 212 Governor - Limit it, or removal...???

Thanks for pulling this thread up (It's not t h a t old... :D ) ... This past winters project was rebuilding and beefing up the 9" rear end in the Torino. I just finished that up last weekend so hopefully I'll get back on the mini bike soon - I picked up a new welder too so I'll be itchin to do...
  2. W

Bending/Form Fitting a New Header Pipe.....???

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about,.. some serious craftsmanship there!
  3. W

I'll probably just try the sand fill method ... I'm sure it'll work fine with the smaller amounts of tweaks I need to do. I'll post some pics..
  4. W

Yeah I bet that thing ran like a scalded dog!!! That's sort of my plan with this one - This coming spring (or sooner if I sell my street bike) is to buy the Edelbrock Top end kit ( #2090 ) $3800.00,.. which is 460 hp on a stock 9.0:1 compression motor - so upwards around 500+ HP @ 10.7:1 .. ...
  5. W

She's a 69 Torino GT Fastback "M" Code - 351W 10.7:1 Comp. / 4V - Bored .030, Balanced, Cam, Studded Heads with Roller tip rockers & Stainless valves w/HD Springs. Performer RPM w/ Holley 650 DP. & Dougs Stainless Ceramic coated headers... 5 !?!?!?!? I thought I had issues!! haha! Pure Stock...
  6. W

Haha,.. I know right!?! .. I could send it back, but honestly it's pretty close just needs tweaked in like two places I think to make the bends work with/around the frame. Was too busy working on the kids 97 F250 this weekend to mess with the mini bike,.. maybe this coming weekend..
  7. W

Seat Fabrication...?

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'm wanting to stick with some sort of "Plastic" seat base so when I do the seat cover I can staple it into the bottom of the plastic seat base - I've done many Motorcycle seats over the years and the bases of those are "Plastic". Good suggestions on the...
  8. W

So I've go this Puma 200 build that I'm working on and we're putting a new Predator 212 in it. I picked up a Header pipe & Muffler from Go Power Sports for it and it's supposed to exit out the rear under the seat... Well my frame isn't playing along with that plan and I'm going to have to...
  9. W

Seat Fabrication...?

Thanks! I sort of mentioned this in the original post,... my plan is to utilize the seat foam and cover from the new MB200 seat I have. But I need to make a "Base Plate" for the foam to be glued to and also to staple the material to on the bottom side. As far as attachment I'm thinking about...
  10. W

Seat Fabrication...?

Good to know,..there's a Michael's close to me so I'll have to check it out..
  11. W

Seat Fabrication...?

A few more pics...
  12. W

Seat Fabrication...?

Hey guys,.. I'm in the process of this Puma 200 build and I'm having trouble nailing down where I want to go with the Seat portion of it,.. I purchased a MB200 seat thinking I could mount it back further on the frame, but it turns out it real lo y only lines up more forward like on the...
  13. W

MB200 Kick Stand Bracket Fabrication...?

Okay I was finally able to get this part of the project completed today, yay!
  14. W

I did remove a little bit more material from that front leading edge "Stop",.. the kick stand comes forward just a tad more now. I was able to mock it up in a vise last night with the spring and it feels nice and solid in both positions. I also mocked it up on the frame and it looks like the...
  15. W

And then here is my idea on the spring retaining stud for the bracket. Basically threaded a 5/16 hole and used a bushing collar that I will weld pretty close to where it is place now. I'll also weld the bolt to the plate and cut the excess threads off. So hopefully the angle is great enough when...
  16. W

Okay so I think I have come up with a bracket that will work. Although I think I should have left myself about a quarter inch more material on the front side so that I can get more spring angle to hold the kickstand in place when it is down but I think I'll be okay (?)
  17. W

Yeah the way I measured it out it had a pretty decent lean to it as I didn't want to take a chance of the center of gravity shifting too much....
  18. W

So nobody around here locally carried any 5/16 in plate, so I had to order some online... that finally came in the other day. Also a special thanks to Aaron over at gopowersports for hooking me up with the mounting bolt for the mb200 kickstand. Hopefully Saturday I will be able to get the...
  19. W

Thanks Charles,.. but unfortunately my Puma has been chopped up and modified before I received it and there were no foot peg tubes there unfortunately... that would have been the easy button for sure :D I ended up using some schedule 80 pipe and making some foot rest out further towards the...
  20. W

Sounds good, I understand the angle and that the pivot point needs to be "above" the pivot point,.. it also looks like that post needs to be quite a bit longer than I would expect,.. probably to keep the stand pulled somewhat "In" towards the center of the bike a bit as it's moving up and/or down.