Search results

1. daChurchPcGuy

Followed me home ...

Any idea of the year? My wheels don't appear to match the Bronco parts diagram. The rear has three bolts for the sprocket
  2. daChurchPcGuy

Followed me home ...

Wow, you guys don't miss a thing! I took it out of the truck today and took a closer look at it... The forks are a larger diameter and they are welded to the triple tree. I like the look and will probably keep them as-is.
  3. daChurchPcGuy

Followed me home ...

Good call, I searched based on that and it looks like a 1966 Rupp Continental but the forks aren't a match.
  4. daChurchPcGuy

Followed me home ...

So, this mini bike found it's way into my truck. I don't know if it's any particular make or just a generic bike. It supposed to have a 3 bolt sprocket on the rear wheel. Mine's missing the sprocket and I can't seem to find those easily. Any idea what make the bike is? It's not critical I know...
  5. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

I did this all at the last minute before my trip, not great planning but it is what it is. It rained for about 70 hours straight so the minibike would not have worked out anyway. When I say it barely moved I mean I had to push it along with my feet to get it to move on level ground. I wasn't...
  6. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

11 tooth front sprocket
  7. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

It barely moves under power, I think the rear bearings are seized. That's a pain, I needed it this weekend for a camping trip.
  8. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

Pretty well done now
  9. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

Progress
  10. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

One coat of Rust Reformer, two coats of filler primer, light sand, one coat of white primer, two coats yellow, two coats clear. Yellow pops better over white primer. I forgot how tough it was to remove and replace those little tires. The HF tire changer made it a lot easier.
  11. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

That's exactly what I'm going for!
  12. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

I spent some time with a random orbit sander and got a lot of the frame down to bare metal. I then hit the whole thing with Rustoleum Rust Reformer
  13. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

I don't have access to a sand blaster and I'm trying to get it done fast. I'm not stripping the entire frame to bare metal, just removing rust and loose paint. I'll see what it looks like once I prime it with primer with filling primer and give it a light sanding. Like I said, I'm just getting...
  14. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

The bike is yellow over a faded purple, both are not original. I found purple overspray on the foot pegs. I'm thinking it may have been purple to start with since the seat is white with purple glitter. I disassembled it last night and started the sanding process. It took me a bit to figure out...
  15. daChurchPcGuy

Roper Rebuild

I started the rebuild of my recently acquired Sears Roper mini bike, it's not a restoration I'm just bringing it back from the dead to ride. I was looking for a cheap mini bike to ride around when we go camping. I camp at Lime Rock Park for their vintage races twice a year so a vintage mini...
  16. daChurchPcGuy

Solved: Old School Scrub Brake Mini? (Roper)

Well, the raspberry color under the yellow isn't the original color either. I found overspray on the foot pegs. I have no idea what the original color was but the seat is purple metal flake and white. That's a starting point unless I find something under the paint when I sand away the rust.
  17. daChurchPcGuy

Yeah, it appears to be a Roper. I hadn't noticed the pivot bolt under the frame. The two pieces are stuck together, probably from sitting out in the weather without shocks installed. I'm going to tear it apart to sand and paint. The original color appears to be raspberry, interesting.
  18. daChurchPcGuy

I picked this up today and I can't figure out what it is. It reminds me of a bike I rode as a kid back in the early 70s. I've searched vintage mini bike images without any luck. It has a scrub brake, no suspension and a 17 1/4" long seat. It resembles an old Sears Roper without a suspension or...
  19. daChurchPcGuy

Chappy Tech Questions

I'm new to this forum, but I've been working on "stuff" since the early 1970s. I haven't touched a two stroke engine since around 1978 so I have a couple questions about that and general Chappy information. I purchased a yellow 50cc Chappy with pedals but no engine from a scrapyard thinking I'd...
  20. daChurchPcGuy

Clutch or torque converter

CVT is the way to go. I grew up on centrifugal clutch mini bikes in the 70s and now have scooters with CVTs. The CVT will allow you to go up steeper hills and maybe a bit faster. I haven't experienced one on a Baja yet. I just got mine the other day and it's the first mod I plan on. There are...