Search results

1. S

trouble shooting an old cat

I have an old cat that has a 79cc predator engine. i got it running for the grandkids to ride. Im ok it doesnt pull me very well. i dont want it to go fast until they get older. The problem I am having is it seems to randomly pop then the whole motor jerks then runs fine then it will pop again...
  2. S

troubleshooting

That was interesting.
  3. S

troubleshooting

It ran when I sprayed carb cleaner in it. I put a new carb on plenty of gas ran out of hose. It is new gas, no filter. I'm not sure about hooking the carb linkage up, it was not hooked up when I bought it. I'm not really sure what the screws are for other than the idle. Where is a good starting...
  4. S

troubleshooting

Where is a good place to read up on what to check to get an engine running and setting the carb? I got about a 4hp I put a cheap carb on. It didnt run before and runs when I spray carb cleaner in the carb. The po said the carb was bad. I ready dont know much about small engine except stuff from...
  5. S

What are the best spark plugs

Thanks I gave up looking for the viper.
  6. S

What are the best spark plugs

I was wondering for a viper 99cc engine and a predator 80cc engine what are the better plugs to use? I was in menards and read the book they have to cross reference but the plug that came out of the viper was a torch e4rc and all they had listed started at f. There where not any predator engines...
  7. S

rim spacer/bushing?

https://www.bmikarts.com/6-x-4-12-Steel-Rim-with-Flange_p_5358.html If I wanted to use a rim like this is there anyone that sells a insert to go from 2" to 3/4" with a key? Is there a way to use a bushing to make it fit/work with a live axle? The rims are 4.5" wide, so what tire will work they...
  8. S

scrub brake

Its a 13x5-6 on both ends. Going to stay tell next year. Its not a big deal was just trying to get it running before weather got bad. Give the kids something to look forward to. I will try a piece of wood to see if it works if not I will get a more expensive caliper that will fit on the...
  9. S

scrub brake

This is another photo from the top.
  10. S

scrub brake

They are the same size. I just put a return spring on it. A 3/4 pine board will fit perfect. I don't know if it will last but I'm going to find out. Someone added it, from the factory it had a caliper.
  11. S

honda gx120

guy didn't want to wait for me to drive there. said someone offered him 20. If I got there first it was mine.I told him left the other guy have it. I wasn't driving that far for nothing.
  12. S

honda gx120

ok didn't know that.
  13. S

cheap live axle

I wouldn't mind finding a 3/4" axle. It's just a stock 5 horse motor on a yard kart. I could use the hubs off the front. I changed out the front spindles. They are 3/4" and have keys cut in them. They look like their cast iron. I would have to drill new holes to bolt the rims on. seems easy...
  14. S

scrub brake

that is not what it looks like now but it was the best picture of it.
  15. S

scrub brake

This one was added by someone before me. It looks well worn. You couldnt shave with it but it was getting close to it on the end. I wonder if a piece of wood could be used for a little while?
  16. S

scrub brake

The part you step on is on the ground. I will have to put a piece that is as thick as my hand and still bend the end up some so the foot can push on it
  17. S

honda gx120

I'm going to pick this up guy says it doesn't run may have low compression. I figure for 10. Its got to have some good parts on it. I will probably take it apart. What should I look for to know its not worth messing with? I have a viper 99cc engine also Would the parts interchange? I would think...
  18. S

viper 99 cc

no plate got it used. I can get a couple of pictures. This is the only one I have now.
  19. S

viper 99 cc

I picked this up and didn't notice you have to bolt it down from the bottom. Is this a common setup? The bolt pattern is a lot smaller than what it my bike is setup for. only one bolt works. I am just going to make some slots for it. I could just make a plate, it would be more work. Anyone have...
  20. S

scrub brake

Some one added a scrub brake to my bike,but it does not look right. There is no way for it to engage the tire unless you push the lever to the ground. should there be something else on it? Maybe a pad or a piece that will wear? It has one hole in it to the side. It had a caliper but its gone. I...