Search results

1. S

trouble shooting an old cat

I have an old cat that has a 79cc predator engine. i got it running for the grandkids to ride. Im ok it doesnt pull me very well. i dont want it to go fast until they get older. The problem I am having is it seems to randomly pop then the whole motor jerks then runs fine then it will pop again...
  2. S

troubleshooting

Where is a good place to read up on what to check to get an engine running and setting the carb? I got about a 4hp I put a cheap carb on. It didnt run before and runs when I spray carb cleaner in the carb. The po said the carb was bad. I ready dont know much about small engine except stuff from...
  3. S

What are the best spark plugs

I was wondering for a viper 99cc engine and a predator 80cc engine what are the better plugs to use? I was in menards and read the book they have to cross reference but the plug that came out of the viper was a torch e4rc and all they had listed started at f. There where not any predator engines...
  4. S

rim spacer/bushing?

https://www.bmikarts.com/6-x-4-12-Steel-Rim-with-Flange_p_5358.html If I wanted to use a rim like this is there anyone that sells a insert to go from 2" to 3/4" with a key? Is there a way to use a bushing to make it fit/work with a live axle? The rims are 4.5" wide, so what tire will work they...
  5. S

honda gx120

I'm going to pick this up guy says it doesn't run may have low compression. I figure for 10. Its got to have some good parts on it. I will probably take it apart. What should I look for to know its not worth messing with? I have a viper 99cc engine also Would the parts interchange? I would think...
  6. S

viper 99 cc

I picked this up and didn't notice you have to bolt it down from the bottom. Is this a common setup? The bolt pattern is a lot smaller than what it my bike is setup for. only one bolt works. I am just going to make some slots for it. I could just make a plate, it would be more work. Anyone have...
  7. S

scrub brake

Some one added a scrub brake to my bike,but it does not look right. There is no way for it to engage the tire unless you push the lever to the ground. should there be something else on it? Maybe a pad or a piece that will wear? It has one hole in it to the side. It had a caliper but its gone. I...
  8. S

cheap live axle

I have been reading and looking around. It seems they are fairly expensive. Anyone have a way of doing them cheaper? I'm thinking the kits on ebay are about the cheapest way to go. Its not something I need to do right now but would like to sooner or later. I think mine is about 34" up to 38" but...
  9. S

Chain guard

Whats the best stuff to make a chain guard? I was thinking cut the basic shape for the side, then cut a piece to go around and L brackets to hold them together and to bolt the whole thing to the bike? I haven't done this before. Not sure if it would be ok to wrap it or just a side piece and a...
  10. S

is this a doodlebug?

If it so is it stock or has it been modified?Does it look like its worth 50.?
  11. S

making a little headway

I have a 5 go b&s engine to put in this but it's to big you can't get your feet on the pegs. Found a viper 99cc engine for 30. and it has a clutch on it. sanded the frame rattle can painted it and the wheels, new tires and tubes, sprocket and a new throttle and cable. Just have to make a seat...
  12. S

Gasket set for 5hp

I want to make sure about which gasket set goes with 130292 0793 01 81091407? Complete Gasket Set Fits Briggs & Stratton 297615, 397145, 495603 4&5 HP engine would that be the right numbers? Near as I can tell I need the 495603 set. I cant help wondering if the gaskets for all flathead 5hp...
  13. S

facebook market place in Illinois

Not mine but I messaged the guy and he said he had 100 motors. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/926041274429265/
  14. S

any idea what brand?

Got a great deal on it. Has some problems but seems solid. 2 wheels one in front and one in back are welded on. seat pan needs welded. saw a YouTube video with one like it . any ideas I'm guessing standard parts? seems like it has some extra stuff on the back?
  15. S

carb and tank types

I have a 5hp that was on a tiller. I was wondering what changes could I make to get rid of the mounted tank and carb? I was thinking of a cheap chinese bike tank, 3 liter one,but not sure what would be needed for an intake and a carb.It will be for a fun mini bike dont probably need billet parts...
  16. S

hub offset

Is it safe to run a hub that is offset 1" to one side? I got a rim and a hub from menards but I did not notice the offset. I can take it back no problem but if I can just put a spacer in, why not? Sorry if this is a newb question. Did you guys every think of a how to do it section? Have people...
  17. S

Replacement tires,seat,motor

I ask in what is this and got some ideas. I was interested in replaceing the tires on my mini bike. It has 4.00-6 and 4.10/350-6. I was interested in just putting the same tires on the front and back. What kind of problems should I worry about? If the back tire will fit inside the forks would...
  18. S

Just got this What is it?

I got this for the grandkids need any info as to what will fit,brand? I am only wanting a good running mini bike. I'm not sure what motor will work. Handle bars are 7/8" and front axle is 5/8". I dont see any way to adjust the chain. I'm guessing its old? Tires only say 4.00-6 on the back and...