Search results

1. Pops58

Manco Thunderbird chopper build.

Thanks, I'm really happy the way it turned too. I thought about a longer seat at first but I was sort of shooting for the solo seat old school chopper look. Surprisingly, when I ride it, the sissy bar keeps me right in the center of the seat nicely. It should be perfect for my grandson when he...
  2. Pops58

Finished it up today. Friggen thing flys!
  3. Pops58

Nice! Looks like that bad boys gonna fly!
  4. Pops58

I spent the day painting. It went pretty good all considered. I used the "formula" provided by member I74 which worked out great!
  5. Pops58

Well,, it looks like I' am swapping in a GX-200 in the modded MM-80

Thats the sickest spray bomb job I've ever seen! I was gonna buy some 2 stage paint and flake at the body shop supply but after seeing that it's possible to get a decent metal flake job from a can I'll be heading to the hardware store instead. Thanks for the info! great work!!
  6. Pops58

Well,, it looks like I' am swapping in a GX-200 in the modded MM-80

nice job with everything! that paint job is awesome, did you do it? and if so what paint is it?
  7. Pops58

I made good progress today. First, I spent a few hours fitting and mounting the seat, and fitting the foot pegs. After lunch I mounted the engine and clutch brake. Next was to mount the throttle and adjust everything. I took it for a ride after dinner and was pretty happy with the way...
  8. Pops58

Well, I made the sissy bar today out of a 4 foot length of 1/2 round bar. Also reinforced the engine mounting plate and added a small round plate to the bottom of kick stand. I then cut the foot rests off and welded up a small plate to the remaining stub from the frame to accept bolt on old...
  9. Pops58

Thanks Ken, it’s been a lot of fun. I’m already planing another one after this one is finished.
  10. Pops58

I bought this Manco Thunderbird on CL last week and have it just about mocked up.