Search results

1. den35

Bad Luck.

I've been working on getting a 79 Honda CT70 running for a while now.Finally the carb I had ordered came in today and I got right on it.After spending most of the day tweaking the new carb,I was only one more tweak away from getting it dialed in.Then it happened.:blink: The spark plug blew...
  2. den35

Shake rattle and maybe roll?

I have what I think is a 5.5hp honda or clone.Can't be sure as it was redecorated before I got it. Anyways.When I had it on a bike it would vibrate like a cold chihuahua at mid rpms.I pulled it apart to see if something was brokn inside.All good.The only questionable point I found was a bit...
  3. den35

It Lives!!!

Last year the original engine in my 72 Arctic Cat Prowler kacked bad,so i put a clone in and set the stock Sachs aside to check out later.Yesterday I finally got to it.Both crank bearings and 1 gearcase bearing.Even worse,no original bearings were available anywhere in North America.I didn't...
  4. den35

Good Idea..Bad Idea

Good idea........Upgrading your DB30 to a bigger engine. Bad idea.....Putting an 8hp Tecumseh into it.
  5. den35

A little help needed.

I went out and bought a set of pin drills today with the intention of getting my stock db30 engine running again. Here's where I need the help.I had drilled the stock carb jet too big without knowing what the original size was.I figured out that i can fill the hole with solder and drill out a...
  6. den35

Shipping Question

I've been hunting around and can't find squat in lines of another suspended mini for sale,so I guess I'm stuck with buying one from the U.S and having it shipped up here to Canada.I've seen a number of nice bikes on Ebay(including a nice Speedway,minus the engine) and am bouncing the idea...
  7. den35

A work in progress.

Ok.I realize it's not pretty.But it runs like the wind and pulls like an ox. I managed to mount the 5.5hp clone to the frame,but the drive chain to the jackshaft was too loose.The engine can't move and I had no half-links.But a DB30 tensioner worked nicely. I used an old piece of cast iron...
  8. den35

A death trap on 2 wheels(maybe?)

With the failure of putting a DB30 engine on my Arctic Cat bike,I looked around my shop and found,of all things,a 250cc single cylinder 2 stroke Polaris snowmobile engine. I know it would be a big challenge to put in the frame.Not to mention figuring out a way to put a clutch on it.I haven't...
  9. den35

I must concede defeat on this one.

Well,I finished the engine swap on my Acrtic Cat Prowler. I put a jackshaft kit,new Max-Torque clutch,new 60tt drive sprocket and the stock engine from my Doodlebug. I figured 2.5hp was 2.5hp.And the original 2stroke engine could make it move nicely.But I was wrong. IT RIDES LIKE A...
  10. den35

Tire Question

My DB30 has a slow leak in the rear tire.Tried patching it,but no luck.And since I'm not fond of the tread pattern,I'm thinking a new set of tires may be a good idea.It's not like tires are very expensive,so why not. But what is the tire size?Mine have the numbers 145/70-6,and I can't seem to...
  11. den35

Drill size help!

I was going to try drilling out the jets on my 5.5 clone and my original Doodlebug engine,but I hit a snag. All the posts here talk about drills with number sizes(eg,#64 bit).But all my bits are standard measure.(My smallest is 3/64") Does anyone know what size bit I should use(in standard...
  12. den35

Have you seen this?

I admit it's a great looking bike,but have you seen the "buy it now" price? Honda - (eBay.ca item 320283282118 end time 12-Aug-08 15:09:33 EDT) I wonder what his reserve is.
  13. den35

Price Question.

I'm almost done the engine replacement on my Arctic Cat Prowler,and am not sure what to do with the original Saxonnette engine. It's main engine bearings are toast,and it leaks gearcase oil like a strainer.I'm contemplating stripping it and seeing if I can find parts that will fit...
  14. den35

New Project(soon)

Well,I'm almost ready to start my next project.An engine swap on my Arctic Cat Prowler.The original engine is ready to kack at any time(bad engine bearings),so I'd rather do the swap now and try to save the classic Sachs later on. I have almost everything I need.Just missing a throttle cable...
  15. den35

Classic Trike...

OK.Not what you were thinking.:wink: I found this in someones curbside trash.It's in exellent shape,sporting solid rubber tires and a solid metal seat.Still has the original CCM badge on the neck. (for the historins in the group)
  16. den35

Viewpoints needed.

I was planning to put a 5.5 clone in my Arctic Cat Prowler,due to the severe lack of available parts for the Sachs 47cc that's in it.And with the rattling noises it's starting to make,I think it's only a matter of time before it kacks on me. But after noseing around my shop I remembered the...
  17. den35

Mini Quad Pile of Parts Or....?

I know I'm gonna hear about this,but here goes. A couple of weeks ago I bought one of those 49cc mini atvs off of Ebay.$100 for the bike and $150 for shipping.(not too bad)But withing 4 days of runnnig it the rear bearings crapped out hard.I put new bearings in and withing 5 hours,same...
  18. den35

Future plans...

I'm facing a big project in the not-too-distant future. The Sachs 47cc in my AC Prowler is starting to give out.Making more new rattling sounds every day and now the engine floods if it's left sitting too long with the fuel turned on.(I know.Just turn off the fuel when not in use:hammer:) My...
  19. den35

Upgraded Doodle Bug

Today I aquired the last parts I needed for the engine swap and got to work. Here's the results. I put in a new Wasp 5.5hp engine and a Max-Torque clutch. And I am VERY happy with the results.Lots of torque.Even pulls the front wheel off the ground at full throttle.
  20. den35

My Fleet grows...

Today I picked up my next bike.Cost me $338,tax in,brand new in the box. A 2008 Baja Dirt Bug.Funny thing is that,on the Baja website,it is listed as the Doodlebug 30.Go figure.:out: It has a 97cc 2.8hp 4 stroke engine,which was heavily governed.I took care of that.Now it has a nice quick...