Search results

1. B

Reverse engineering a jackshaft

Offset in a bad way?
  2. B

Well I just found a 9t sprocket. If that doesn’t work, I suppose I’ll be either engine shopping or building this flathead for more power
  3. B

So far it’s not let me down. I’ve been riding it around the yard today and yesterday. Once that converter gets topped out though, I can fell the motor bog down. I think more power is the answer if I can’t get the gearing happy
  4. B

Yea I’m using 35. I can buy one somewhere if I can find one. Any ideas on websites to check? The 10t I have has the key built into the sprocket. Pretty cool design
  5. B

I’m pretty sure the shaft on the tc is 5/8
  6. B

10/54 works real good on the low end. Once the converter gets into “high gear” if I slow down it’s kinda down on power. Can I get a 9t for the driver somewhere?
  7. B

I figured it was geared too tall when I rode it and the tc wasn’t able to “shift” I’ll have to check I out again
  8. B

It’s slow like a fast walk. The tc has a 10 tooth gear. That’s the smallest one I could find.
  9. B

I’m not sure what to do in this situation. I’m pretty sure my snowbike is over geared. I’m running a 5hp Briggs and I have a torque converter on it. It’s geared 10/54. The 54 tooth gear is the biggest I can fit on the wheel without it being bigger than the wheel. Should I run the torque...
  10. B

Need help getting my ratios correct

If I’m geared too tall, what happens? The torque converter just stays in low range?
  11. B

Snowbike build

Thanks guys! I made the carb adaptor with some flat steel and bicycle handle bars
  12. B

Snowbike build

It’s faster than a walk. Maybe a slow jog
  13. B

Snowbike build

Got to the point today that I got to test ride. The 16mm carb was lean upon first startup. Drilled the jet to around 1mm and it ran better, but still lean and not a lot of power. I have a 22mm on the way. Seems like everything will work mechanically, just need to get the engine dialed in...
  14. B

Briggs 135202 questions

I just have a few more questions pertaining to this engine. It’s a flathead 5hp model 135202. I didn’t know how much and what type of oil to run in it? And second, do I need to remove the governor? There’s some weird shaft on the base of the block and I assume it’s governor related. Not sure if...
  15. B

Gnarly little monster

correct. These motors were race motors back in the late 90’s early 00’s when Goped racing was popular. With the pipe I’m running, it should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 7hp. Not bad for a piston the size of a quarter
  16. B

Gnarly little monster

Ask and you shall receive. First pic shows the cylinder. He filled the original intake port with JB weld to block it off. The silver plate you see in the pic above the carb is just a plate that makes the engine look nicer. The flywheel pushes air all around the black shroud to cool the...
  17. B

Snowbike build

It was over 50 degrees out today, so I got to work with the garage door open which was a nice change. First pic is the H piece that I made installed. The H piece makes the whole thing much much stronger. I must stay, getting this whole back end together and taking it apart is a huge pain, but...
  18. B

Need help getting my ratios correct

I just have a regular 5hp briggs flat head with a 22mm carb to start out.
  19. B

Gnarly little monster

Thanks. The head is on the correct way though. There’s a hole in one side where the coil mounts.
  20. B

Gnarly little monster

It’s not a mini bike motor, but I figured I’d show you guys what I like to build. Started life as a zenoah g260rc motor. I got Trevor Simpson billet reed cases for it. Doug at esp did the port work which included blocking the intake port and cutting a 5th boost port in the cylinder, lightened...