Search results

1. B

Reverse engineering a jackshaft

I’m not sure what to do in this situation. I’m pretty sure my snowbike is over geared. I’m running a 5hp Briggs and I have a torque converter on it. It’s geared 10/54. The 54 tooth gear is the biggest I can fit on the wheel without it being bigger than the wheel. Should I run the torque...
  2. B

Briggs 135202 questions

I just have a few more questions pertaining to this engine. It’s a flathead 5hp model 135202. I didn’t know how much and what type of oil to run in it? And second, do I need to remove the governor? There’s some weird shaft on the base of the block and I assume it’s governor related. Not sure if...
  3. B

Gnarly little monster

It’s not a mini bike motor, but I figured I’d show you guys what I like to build. Started life as a zenoah g260rc motor. I got Trevor Simpson billet reed cases for it. Doug at esp did the port work which included blocking the intake port and cutting a 5th boost port in the cylinder, lightened...
  4. B

Need help getting my ratios correct

I'm not sure if my gearing for my snowbike build is anywhere close to where it needs to be. Heres all of the info that I have that I though would be relevant: Track drive wheel is 7.5 inches diameter Track circumference is about 46 inches The height of the track and wheel is about 9 1/4 inches...
  5. B

Jetting specs

I will be grabbing a 22mm carb off eBay to run on my 5hp briggs. Someone said I would have to rejet for my snowbike project. Can I buy a cheap jet kit somewhere so I have options? And does anyone know a good starting point?
  6. B

Snowbike build

Ive seen 1 or 2 people build snowbikes around the internet, but I could never find a proper build thread. I'm going to start a thread here to document what I'm doing to modify this bike to make a snowbike. I have never messed with any mini bikes of any kind. I'v been riding gopeds since I was...
  7. B

Oil vent tube

I have this 5hp briggs engine and it had a tube going from the plate covering the valve springs back to the carb. I switched to a 16mm slide carb so what do I do with that hole? Do I need to run a catch can?
  8. B

Help with some things

I’m trying to get this snow bike Up and running. Someone said that I should start my gearing at 6:1, does this mean I get a back sprocket 6 times as big as the one on the torque converter or is there more math involved? Next question is, how do I know what size chain I have? I bought the...
  9. B

5hp Carb options

I was looking into switching the carb on my 5hp flathead, but in order to do that, I have to get a carb thats not connected to the tank. Is there a cheap option that will let me convert this? The engine in question is model 135202. Seems to be a pretty common engine.
  10. B

New to mini bikes, looking for torque converter info

Im trying to build a mini bike snow bike with a ski on the front and a track on back. Trying to get a grip on all the fab work needed to reinforce the snowblower tracks. My real issue is about torque converters. I'v never messed with any kind of mini bikes before and I'm not sure what to do...