Search results

1. V

Mounting taco 22 clutch cover?

Mr Pat, I just was clued into your post about these brackets...thanks for posting the drawing. I realize this is an OLD post but if you are monitoring this thread, what was the thickness of the brackets? It looks to be 1/8” but could potentially by 3/16. Also, what is the distance in from the...
  2. V

Briggs 5HP carb pickup tube

I ended up putting a piece of Tygon tubing with a "clunk" filter on the pick up tube, cleaned the carb out, got all of the silicone gunk out of and off of the mating surfaces, removed and cleaned the jet, replaced the diaphragm, and reassembled. The fuel tank was a little crusty inside...and...
  3. V

Crazy Briggs filler neck-needed

I can’t edit the above post...it is for a 5 HP early 70s steel tank.
  4. V

Crazy Briggs filler neck-needed

The tank on my 5 HP Briggs is in decent shape except the neck is rusted out in the thread areas. Would anyone happen to have an old rotted fuel tank that has a good filler neck on it? I am considering brazing a replacement filler neck onto this otherwise decent tank. it would be cheaper than...
  5. V

Ok...I did not know that brass pick up tube was available for older engines. I should habe checked first before asking thanks.
  6. V

Hello all I did not search the forum but was hoping for a quick answer. Someone left old gas in a 5 HP metal Briggs fuel tank. They also used silicone For gaskets. Yeah! anyway, the pickup tube (brass) is eaten away and they slipped a plastic intake filter over the tube. Is there a replacement...
  7. V

Prices for late 60s 5 HP briggs engines

Yes... I have but I thought I would ask the forum to get an idea. eBay always seems to be inflated on prices. Thanks
  8. V

Prices for late 60s 5 HP briggs engines

Out of curiosity, what would reasonable prices be for used 5 HP Briggs engines in various condition. Assume the following as "guidelines" 1 Rusted out_ non running 2 OK shape_may need carb or other work 3 OK shape_Running condition 4 Nice condition_ running 5 Garage kept_ running