Search results

1. Minimichael

The horn I put on my minibike is too loud

Showing off my techno-saavy for any brave enough... https://youtube.com/shorts/-C9yNtdL6ZU?si=2KuL8yE6hFdOxee0
  2. Minimichael

Fork tube sleeve replacement ideas

Yeah I'm liking this idea.
  3. Minimichael

Manco Thunderbird build for granddaughters. Engine swap alignment issues

You might think about upgrading to better brakes, especially if you upgrade the engine. That little bike is little, and can be a lot to control with just a scrubber on the rear tire. Especially when wet. Just my two cents, since you mentioned granddaughters.
  4. Minimichael

Plastic fork sleeves for Arctic Cat Ramrod

I'm hoping that is the case, but yeah I'll give him a call.
  5. Minimichael

ARC Billet flywheel

Airgap should be bigger between newer coil and flywheel.
  6. Minimichael

These are all good ideas, btw. And garbage picker in me def agrees with the pill bottle solution ;) They'd be free, all up and down the block!
  7. Minimichael

I'd been wondering about this, Ole4, because Google searches keep bringing up bronze "bushes" like those flanged ones I see at Menards. There must be bikes out there with them, huh? I already buy and use them for axle spacers and such. Nevertheless, I see two problems here; they're short and...
  8. Minimichael

About ten inches, going off the original.
  9. Minimichael

Anybody know of any diy ideas, or universal fork tube vendor for outer tree tube ID of 1 inch, and inner fork down tube OD of 7/8"? I'm thinking vinyl would be the right material, as opposed to acrylic or polycarbonate or carbon fiber. I'd want it to be flanged if possible, and think I could...
  10. Minimichael

Plastic fork sleeves for Arctic Cat Ramrod

Need em. Or if anybody knows any diy ideas, or universal fork tube vendor for outer tree tube ID of 1 inch, and inner fork down tube OD of 7/8"?
  11. Minimichael

How to remove rusted forks

Yes, and if even the hydraulic jack struggles...
  12. Minimichael

I thought I was looking at a big slingshot
  13. Minimichael

Recording of first ride of summer on my scrambler build

YouTube test... SpiritBeast
  14. Minimichael

You guys think the ever-popular recipe of automatic transmission fluid, brake fluid and a thinner would do the trick? The mix is oft quoted by our members on here. Anybody know if it would keep for future uses or expire?
  15. Minimichael

It's hard to know when your penetrant is really penetrating, ya know? I'd let the tube soak in a bucket except in a bucket of what? I'm too cheap to buy a gallon can of PB or kroil. So it also has to be something you can reuse. Like a bucket of old oil and gas. I had some kerosene around last...
  16. Minimichael

It's worth the wait and saves energy AND your back! Cool story about it finally "popping". I think my old jack would have leaked down it's pressure overnight. But penetrant works overnight, and a jack might just get 'er done the next day. It's just way more satisfying to remove them carefully...
  17. Minimichael

And I guess a handheld jack will get it done too! Hey thanks for posting about it here. I like that it comes apart more carefully this way. Better than sledge hammers and flame throwers.
  18. Minimichael

On the accessories testing... The new electrical set up works as designed, though it's taking some getting used to with all the switches and signals and horn now. Gotta train myself not to inadvertantly hit that horn button so often. Neighbors must think I'm getting desperate for attention.
  19. Minimichael

Better than ever, and I even upgraded to a wider intake hose (1.125" ID) to accommodate a VM22. I believe the secret is a lean needle that can consistently respond to the signal while maintaining a gradual delivery. I believe this elbow manifold has about the same volume as the intake cycle...
  20. Minimichael

Got this one goin today on a VM22 (125 main, 25 slow, leaner needle) and was excited to test my lights and some other accessories. Anyway, thought I'd share some pics and a test video I made...