Search results

1. L

The Bronco

Thanks for the explanation.
  2. L

The Bronco

What part of my potential idea makes it not trail capable? Not asking sarcastically, asking to learn. As you know, a speed calculator might indicate one thing but real world experience could be completely different. I have two new pillow blocks here too so I can still go with another jack...
  3. L

The Bronco

Would the 10t clutch that I already have and 33t sprocket (can change) not work well enough? Speed calculators suggest it will, but will it have enough torque with a 180lb rider to be rideable on a trail? Torque converters around here run $299Cad minimum plus the bulk doesn't really flow with...
  4. L

The Bronco

Please excuse the back and forth decision making. I've been into bikes since I was a kid and have had a few but this will be my first "build" so I'm sure there will be a bunch of that. I rebuilt a crashed pitbike a few months back and got the itch to keep tinkering. Sold that thing before I...
  5. L

The Bronco

Ok so the old jackshaft is all welded up on both sides. I thought only one side was welded until I cleaned the greasy dirt off today. If I chop it up I'd have to keep one of the welded sprockets, either the 26t input or 10t output. Calculating it the way it sits I'll get a blistering max...
  6. L

The Bronco

Thanks for the reply. That is reason enough to stay with the jackshaft setup then I guess. I don't like the look of massive sprockets, especially on a 10" wheel. The swingarm would have had to be flipped only because the one side has a slot to hold the brake drum from rotating. If I keep...
  7. L

The Bronco

It was a Garelli Bronco. Plans are to make the bike into something similar to the attached pic. 1. First question for you guys is whether you'd keep the jackshaft setup or flip the swingarm and run a single chain on the left. Personally I prefer the single chain look on a bike like the...
  8. L

What is this and where would you start wrenching?

Great, thanks for the quick reply. Just picked up a newer 6.5hp to go in it. Minus the haggard wiring and such, I actually like the way it looks now better than the original.
  9. L

What is this and where would you start wrenching?

Needs new brakes, seat and it seems some throttle cables/springs/linkages are missing or attached incorrectly. Only had it on a short 6-9mph trip so far. Not sure the direction I want to go just yet.