Search results

1. mustangfrank

Translation Fail

Saw this in a pocket bike listing on eBay, wondered WTF were they trying to say?
  2. mustangfrank

Factory Or Custom Clutch Cover?

I'm leaning towards custom built based on the welded seams and similarity to some other pieces on the MX Bonanza this "came with" that were fabbed. Pretty well built and approximately 14.5"×7" at the widest points, will definitely refinish and find a repurpose if it's not some rare factory...
  3. mustangfrank

Bonanza Experts Needed

Just picked this up yesterday, real excited about the rear sprocket tooth count! Have a question on fork lowers though. Was there a change from silver "paint" to chrome at some point? I always thought the lowers were supposed to be silver but I'm usually looking at old B&W pics. I've seen...
  4. mustangfrank

1" PTO Centrifugal Clutch Options?

Researching clutches for a 10hp(+?) Tecumseh flathead with a 1" shaft going on one or another jackshaft frames I don't have original engines for. Not going to be racing, just a fun machine build. Have to run the sprocket inboard otherwise I can work with different tooth counts or chain. A...
  5. mustangfrank

You really need to be careful photographing chrome items...

Headlight bucket VINTAGE MINI BIKE PART 1968 Rupp TT-500 XL-500 C-500 XL-350 | eBay
  6. mustangfrank

Bonanza Hodaka Parts

Adding my name to the list of people looking for the hard to find items: I'm looking for 2 fiberglass tanks and 2 exhaust pipes, original or repro I have everything else I need for my 69 BC-1500 and 70-71 MX projects and I realized I never posted my want ad here. Trying to get my ducks in a...
  7. mustangfrank

Overkill?

WOW! Mini Bike - general for sale - by owner (craigslist.org)
  8. mustangfrank

Bearing Source?

I'm looking for a new source for sealed bearings, common size 5/8" x 1-3/8" in both flanged types. I'll probably buy between 50-100 per order, trying to strike a balance between quality and price but I'll pay up for quality or USA made. Was about to pull the trigger on a trial batch of 30 XiKe...
  9. mustangfrank

Typo or Bad Negotiator?

Kit Mini Bike - atvs, utvs, snowmobiles - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org) Kit Mini Bike - $350 (Novi) image 1 of 7 © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap condition: excellent Mini Bike that I had built with a kit in high school. Hasn't been driven much at all. Has been sitting for 2...
  10. mustangfrank

Two Wheel Drive Tote Goat

I'm not a huge fan of most Tote Goats but this one caught my eye... http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=194230787841
  11. mustangfrank

Carlisle 4.00-6 Tires

Looking for one of each or hopefully at least one to match the branded Carlisle tire. The Carlisle I have is NOS, the 2nd is otherwise IDENTICAL but used and has no name/brand, etc. It is marked "Made in USA", not sure if it was a knockoff or Carlisle made some without their brand? These are...
  12. mustangfrank

H25 Oil Quantity?

Anyone have an older version of the Tecumseh L Head manual or Quick Ref that has the oil capacity listed for the H25? No dipstick in the dual low fill side cover. I'm going with 21oz pretty confidently as the crankcase is the same as a H30-35 but would feel warm and fuzzy if I had it in print...
  13. mustangfrank

Bonanza E Engines

Has anyone found any references to what serial number ranges by year of "E" Ace engines Bonanza used? I'm trying to track down E engines that could have been correct for the last two original Bonanza Hodaka rollers I own that are missing engines. I've got one reference to ALL E serial numbers...
  14. mustangfrank

Briggs & Stratton Engines

Got these in a lot of parts I bought, just trying to move them on. Large tank: 81231-0144-01 6706063 Small tank: 61132-0139-01 6403063 Both have compression, assume they need rebuilding, I don't keep up on B&S info so please add if you can. 60s vintage? Rather not ship unless these are...
  15. mustangfrank

Horstman Super Cycle

I'm in the research and parts collecting phase for a build I want to do. Already have a 67 Continental roller and a Hodaka Ace 90 on the way. Think I have the gas tank sourced but there is almost NOTHING for information out there on these "kits". Anyone have any information...
  16. mustangfrank

Latest Find

Somehow got to be first in line for once on my latest CL find. Pretty confident it's a 1967 Rupp Continental Electra but I wanted to let the experts verify my research and show off this crazy custom job. Figured the tank was added but the brackets were welded on as well as factory welds?
  17. mustangfrank

New Carlisle 5" Kart & Mini Bike Tires

I inherited these 4 brand new Carlisle 4.10-5 (NHS) and don't have anything in my stable with 5" wheels. Never mounted, nice and pliable, blotchy factory mold release on all, I cleaned the one sidewall (2nd picture) with some WD40 on a rag to make sure it comes off. How about $60 for 2 or $110...
  18. mustangfrank

Manco Frame & Seat

Up for grabs is an 80s Manco frame and seat, still wearing most of her original paint! Frame is straight, has the manufacturer/serial number tag, seat/shock mount and chain guard bracket(?) Right side peg has a slight tweak and the scrub brake arm is bent in, (like it was laid on that side)...
  19. mustangfrank

Had To Share This...

My laugh of the day, as a child of the 70s it really brings me back. Credit goes to the FBMP listing but I saved the picture if you don't want to follow the link. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/714231639238658/
  20. mustangfrank

SBH-9993 H50

My searches are coming up empty...what were the differences between the SBH-9993 & SBH-9994 Tecumseh Motorsport engine kits?