Search results

1. copyman

Removing engine water slide decal?

Is there a way to remove the flag decal on Tecumseh engine without damaging paint? The engine was recently rebuilt & painted. It got some scratches when shipped to customer so had them ship back for me to repaint (see pics). Was going to try and remove flag decal, repaint top half & put new...
  2. copyman

HS40 timing marks?

Hi, Putting this HS40 back together after rebuild and just wanted to confirm the timing marks are correct? All the HS40's I've rebuilt the line on Cam gear will line up with the punch mark on crank gear. This one is off (see pic). Maybe just a factory mistake with the line? Didn't notice when I...
  3. copyman

Bonanza frames

For the Bonanza fanantics there are 5 frames for a decent price. Think the person is selling all 5 for one price. here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1597609727436226/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks
  4. copyman

3" PTO ?

I picked up a white 1970's HS40 that I'm going to rebuild & paint. Not sure of exact year as the serial # plate is removed. I noticed the PTO is 3" long where I'm use to the regular 2-1/4". Think I might have read Rupp's used a 3" PTO? Are there any other bikes that used the 3" PTO? There must...
  5. copyman

Fuel line

Hi, Having a problem when I order "genuine Tecumseh" 1/4" fuel line it's thicker then the original. This is a problem when routing the line especially with the HS40 when fuel line goes from tank to carb through the shroud under the block fins. One of the part #'s I've ordered is 30962 which is...
  6. copyman

Rings?

I bought a box of old tecumseh parts and when looking up some of the part #'s a box of rings came up as "used for re-ringing" What does "re-ringing" mean? never saw that before. None of the other standard or oversize rings use "re-ringing" in description. They look like a box of 3 regular rings...
  7. copyman

rust pitting

Hi, What is best solution for minor rust pitting on rewind starter? I tried sandable / filler primer but didn't work so stripped and ready to try something else. See attached pics Thanks in advance
  8. copyman

1989 HS40 paint

Anyone know a good match for 1989 gray Tecumseh factory paint? It looks like a metallic paint? Need to touch up a few spots on this new engine before I sell it. Thanks in advance
  9. copyman

Help identyfing ??

Anyone know what this is? Thanks
  10. copyman

Different bike

I saw this for sale and thought it was really nice. Not sure if going to buy it. I like all original different vintage bikes but usually only buy with Tecumseh engines that I'm familiar with . Assuming that's 2 cycle motor?
  11. copyman

What is this?

The person has this listed as "Sears Scamp" but I couldn't find anything like it looking online. It looks like a Rupp to me or mixed parts from a few bikes? Would like to know what it is before buying. Thanks in advance
  12. copyman

Bonanza BC-1300

Does anyone know the length of stud that replaces one of the cyl / sump cover bolts to hold the clutch cover? Also what bolt it replaces on cyl cover? I only have the engine that I'm rebuilding for someone so can't line it up, etc. Thanks in advance
  13. copyman

Gas tank spacer

Can someone post the part # for the HS40 gas tank spacers. # 86 in the attached parts diagram. Because it's no longer sold there is no part # on list. Thanks in advance
  14. copyman

Bonanza label?

Hi, Anyone know where I can buy a BC-1300 decal like in attached Pic? It measures 1-1/2" x 4-1/4". Looks to be a stick on type not water slide. Thanks in advance
  15. copyman

Crank not drilled & tapped

Can an engine with UNdrilled PTO be used on mini bikes? Can't see how set screws alone could hold clutch or TC on PTO. This HS40 was suppose to have come off a Bonanza and PTO is not drilled/tapped. Not sure if it's original factory sticker on engine plate? (see attached photo). I always take...
  16. copyman

Painting engine - primer?

Just curious what some of the members here have experienced with painting small engines? I've been using Moeller marine paint with good results holding up to heat, etc. but was wondering about primer. Is it necessary to prime engine before painting? I've painted with and without primer and both...
  17. copyman

compact & vintage Briggs engines

I'm buying a Techumseh from this person and they aslo have these 2 engines for sale. Not sure what the red one is for but they said Briggs was on a go cart when they were a kid? Both engines on FB. Curious what that "compact" engine would be used for? Maybe to motorized a bicycle?
  18. copyman

Another must see!

Just when I thought I saw it all. This pic was on FB marketplace for sale. He must of ran out of gas a few times and said never again!
  19. copyman

H30 PTO

Was going to buy this NOS engine on Marketplace but before I buy it would like to know what is on the PTO. Any ideas what it is? Want to make sure it can be removed so engine can be used on mini bike. Thanks
  20. copyman

Vintage gas cap

Looking for one of these gas caps in pictures. It is original to a Hilltopper but seen on other bikes. I bought a new all black one with vent knob on top but is was to small. The inside threads on one I need seems to be 1-3/4". Might post on wanted section as well. Good used one would work. Thanks