Search results

1. Colemanman

Tillitson Charging System Help Needed

Ok i have a tillitson 212 hemi electric start engine and i have questions about the charging system. Currently im using the charging system to charge the battery which powers my lights. I have a 15 watt, 900 lumen tractor supply led light for a headlight and two tiny incandescent bulb, trailer...
  2. Colemanman

Tecumseh Powersport 6.0HP Engine Restoration

Today i decided to bust out my ole tecumseh junk engine and giver her a clean up. Then i decided to restore it. It came off a yerf dog go kart that my buddy bought. It sat for years on end so the carburetor is filled with corrosion and grime. My buddy immediately pulled this motor and bought...
  3. Colemanman

Springer Seat for a Coleman CT200U

Today im finishing my springer seat build for my coleman ct200u. Im adding it to reduce the impact, jolt and harshness of potholes, sticks and small obstacles I used the pivot and springs from a 1980s era craftsman vtwin 18hp lawnmower. I cut a base plate for the seat out of sheet metal and...
  4. Colemanman

WHOS STILL RIDING IN WINTER? SHOW YOUR RIDE

Just got the first snow here in Michigan, and i took the coleman out for ride. I went back to the stock jackshaft and a 60t sprocket from a converter to keep wheel spinning down to a minimum for better traction. After that i aired down the tires for a lil softer ride and even more traction .It...
  5. Colemanman

Coleman/ Baja Sprockets

Im looking for more options for rear sprockets for a coleman ct200u. I have a 38,46,50,60, and 72. I find them fun to mess with but the step between gear ratios is pretty big except for the 46 and 50. Does any one know of any other sprockets that will work with it?. Maybe like a 55t or 65t any...
  6. Colemanman

Predator 346????? Anyone else have that or know information???

Back in 2011 i went to harbor freight to get a 212 and came back with a 346cc predator big block engine rated at 11.5HP @3600 and 16ftlbs @2500.I put it on a go kart and achieved 59mph governed, and it was a rocket all the way there with a clutch. This seems to be a rather uncommon engine. I...
  7. Colemanman

Clutches That Can Launch?????? Need Info

Ive had enough time to play around with torque converters and centrifugal clutches to know that clutches are a very viable option. Most people seem to skip right to the converter. But lately ive been starting to play around with clutches, jackshafts and have realized their amazing benefits over...
  8. Colemanman

ANY EVENTS IN MICHIGAN

Im toward the bottom of the the thumb and ive been havin a hard time finding meet ups around here. Ive riddem minis round cruise night for the old cars on my town but never been to a mini bike meet. Lemme know if anyone knows anything
  9. Colemanman

In Search of Predator 420cc Torque Camshaft

Hello everyone Im looking for a torquey camshaft for a predator 420cc engine. I have a bone stock one laying around as i speak without a unit to put it on. I plan on getting the stage one kit and doing a governor delete as well as rejetting the main and pilot jet.i wanna keep the stock...
  10. Colemanman

Tillotson Hemi STUD SNAPPED IN BLOCK - UPDATE.

For anyone who seen my earlier post about my exhaust stud snapping in the block, I have gotten it back from the shop the other day and the stud was extracted successfully with out retapping the block. I had a older, local man remove it. He was a very experienced in welding aluminum and metal...
  11. Colemanman

Tilliston Hemi STUD SNAPPED IN BLOCK

Guys i need your help. I have a tillitson 212 hemi i bought early this summer. I dont frequently change exhausts and i didnt over torque the nuts on the studs. I use a torque wrench. i went to remove the header and put on the stock muffler for noise reasons. So i tightened it up, and I felt it...
  12. Colemanman

Tecumseh Powersport 6hp

Ok so i recently picked up this motor from a buddy of mine that came off of a yerf dog. Its a tecumseh powersport 6hp OHV engine. I think is engine is pretty cool. I watched a video of someone talking about in the mid 90s briggs stopped selling there motors to the go-kart industries due to...
  13. Colemanman

In search of carburetor jetting guides

Does anyone have a guide to rejet a stock predator/196cc clone carburetor. Im looking for the best proccess and ways to do it. Like how to tune the pilot jet and making it work properly in sync with the main jet. As well as some information on emulsion tubes and reasons youd change them instead...
  14. Colemanman

Charging system questions and help

I have a tillitson 212 electric start engine and im wiring lights to my battery. I have a small led headlight im adding. Its a 15 watt 900 lumen tractor supply flood light for 30 dollars and 2 small trailer clearance lights for my tail lights. They costed 4 bucks a pop. Does anyone one know if...
  15. Colemanman

Tekton tools are great quality tools .

Anyone using tekton tools. There a Michigan based company making high quality tools and low prices mostly made in taiwan along with china and the good ole usa. I own their Chrome/ impact 1/4 inch. 3/8 inch , and 1/4 inch drive sockets deep, short, metric and Sae. I own there stubby, medium and...
  16. Colemanman

Faulty tillitson 212 key switch wire HELP

Does anyone have pictures of the tillitson 212 electric start key switch. Im talking about the wires soldered to the back of the switch I have one wire that was very evidently never soldered to the switch, but the schematic says the wire goes there. My key switch never worked from factory so I...
  17. Colemanman

Who else has a AZUSA MINIBIKE

Anyone else rockin a Azusa? Heres a run down on mine and i hope to see yours aswell. Azusa 10 inch split rims Honda GX160 Stage 1 Airfilter and header Re jetted carburetor Autolite racing plug Governor removed Pvl lightweight flywheel 2 degrees timing advance Max torque 35# chain clutch OldMiniBikes...
  18. Colemanman

Centrifugal Clutch vs Torque Converter

Ok so I wanted to make a thread on the benefits of each drive system and the disadvantages of both to help anyone in need of some information on this topic. Centrifugal clutches have springs wrapped around the clutch shoes. When the engine rpm is raised the centrifugal force makes thes waits...
  19. Colemanman

Chain Maintenance and Info

Anyone out here runnin 40# chain instead of 420# chain? Or 41? I run 40 chain on my machines and it seems be stronger and stays on the sprocket better. Ive heard thag 35 chain is stronger than 41 on a couple different websites, is there any truth to this? Does anyone any of the 35, 40 or 41...
  20. Colemanman

Mini bike riding gear

Hi everyone. Im 19 and been into karting and mini bikes since i was 5 or 6.This is my first post in this forum as i just joined. I have a Coleman ct200u, 2 baja warriors and 2 azusa minibikes as well as a go kart in the process of being put together and a few kart frames. I love to talk minis...