Search results

1. ChromeBikeGuy

Can anyone id this air filter

So I'm working on my new Garage and my compactor needs a new air filter. It's a Predator 179cc. I know not a mini bike but I am here with the small engine experts. Even pretend I'm pulling the motor off this to put on my next mini and I want to keep it STOCK engine. Anyway I'll post pics of...
  2. ChromeBikeGuy

New mini bike/scooter project

I'll mostly let the pics do the talking. Front tire says "Made in Italy". I'm supposed to be getting the rear tire but didn't get it yet. Not sure if mini bike or scooter by the frame not having a top bar and open footwell in front of the engine. The seat post is throwing me for a loop...
  3. ChromeBikeGuy

T555 Project Begins

I picked this trike up from a buddy of mine. He bought it for the Cushman engine that was cobbled on it. Since I had no interest in the Cushman, the frame was extra to him and cheap. My plans are just make it run and drive. I have a 8hp Tecumseh engine from a snow blower for power. It runs...
  4. ChromeBikeGuy

Red Chinese Kart repairs

So my grandson has his own mini bike at my house but not his own go kart. I bought this red hoopty off of Facebook last week and started ordering parts. He is coming out for a week for Thanksgiving break. I knew it needed a throttle cable and a steering rack. I did get it to run last days off...
  5. ChromeBikeGuy

Where to start on new project

I traded for this Heathkit Boonie Bike. And I got a couple of engines from the same guy. The main issues are the bends in the frame and how to put on brakes. I am just trying to make it drive and be safe. No concerns about being original. It's pretty far gone, but I want to bring it back...
  6. ChromeBikeGuy

Yellow cart build

So, I'll give a little background on myself and this project. Or skip the wall of text to the pics. 2 years ago (spring of 2019)I picked up a 2 seat cart and decided I would get it ready for my oldest nephew Logan (9 years old) to drive. I got a new 212, clutch, gas pedal, brakes, seat etc...
  7. ChromeBikeGuy

Go kart project

My nephews are coming to visit in a few weeks, so this kart is bumped up to the top of the list. If anyone has ideas what it is I would be glad to have an idea where to try to order parts from. What is also wierd to me is lack of gas and brake pedal mounts. I know the right spindle is junk...
  8. ChromeBikeGuy

Craftsman 179cc

So I may have screwed up, and probably posting in the wrong section, but here goes. The grandson blew up the 212 in the go kart last time he was out to visit. I live 200 plus miles from a Harbor Freight. So I can't just pop in to get a replacement engine. And they are never in stock it seems...
  9. ChromeBikeGuy

Lets talk about scrub brakes

I'm working on this old bike for my grandson. He is 8 and will ne his first mini bike. How effective will it be? Its getting a 3.5 Honda and a clutch band brake also. What do I put on the plate? More steel, rubber, something else? Give me the good, the bad, the ugly. Is it going to stop or...
  10. ChromeBikeGuy

New Guy Old Bike

I picked this up this last summer and am curious if anyone has a guess of the Manufacturer and year. Pretty sure the welds on the handle bars are not original. I'm thinking it's fairly old because of the scrub brake. Its getting a GX160 for my grand son's late Christmas present.