Search results

1. S

Juggernaut CVT Experiences?

None of those threads really answered my question, that's why I made this one.
  2. S

Juggernaut CVT Experiences?

I have a Juggernaut on my stage 2 Predator 212cc (about 15 horsepower) and it has performed perfectly thus far. Recently GoPowerSports updated the description on the Juggernaut saying "Improved Reliability and Performance on high HP small block engines up to 15hp". I emailed them to double check...
  3. S

Comet 40 Series Max Reliable Horsepower?

A site called Affordable Go Karts sells a pre-built 420cc engine that's very similar to what I plan, and they have recorded 22 horsepower and 6400 RPM. No idea on torque though. I've also seen GX390s with nothing but a governor removal, air filter, and exhaust (stock carb) produce just shy of 18...
  4. S

I would be doing essentially a Stage 1 420 but with added safety parts (billet flywheel/rod). Keeping the stock cam. Guessing around 20 horsepower.
  5. S

If I do a big block I might be better keeping the stock cam then.
  6. S

I know Comet rates the 40 series at 18 horsepower max, but many people run them far beyond that rating. I see them on built big blocks pushing 30-40 horsepower, Predator 670cc builds which already have 22 horsepower stock, and even on a 60 horsepower Predator 670cc lawn mower. My question is how...
  7. S

Is Rear Suspension Only Worth It?

Yeah I'd be running 18" tires on the back and 16" on the front. Should cushion things out a bit. I decided that I'm going to go for a solid front end anyway. This is mostly to practice welding/fabrication. That way I can work my way up to a more complex build and eventually have 2 buggies rather...
  8. S

Yeah that does make sense. The front suspension is going to do most of the cushioning. Might go full suspension then. I'll try single a-arm to keep it simple.
  9. S

Murray Hard Drive, right? How well does it ride? Pretty interesting front suspension on those but I feel like there would be bump steer given how those tie rods are. Why do you suggest front but no rear? The issue with my Dingo is how the back end kicks up over bumps - sort of like the old...
  10. S

I've recently decided to build a simple off road kart/buggy and I'm considering a change of plans. Since this will be my first ground-up project I want to make it simple yet effective. My original plan was to buy a new motor (420cc) and build a full suspension buggy but that seems a little...